price gouging Tulsa gun shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For that, I applaud and respect you....

You say you work hard, but you do think you are compensated fairly? I am sure there are guys that do the same thing for less.....should we bring your rates down or their rates up? I am not trying to get into a pissing match with your not am I trolling; just trying to convey a simple point - setting prices based on what someone thinks is fair(rather than letting the markets decide based on several factors, including supply and demand) is not what this country was/is/or should be about.

If you don't like the price, go somewhere else. If supply shortages dictate you can't go somewhere else, you can wait for them to come down, buy at that price, or not buy at all(no one is forcing you to buy anything). How is this unfair? Its what hard working Americans do to make money.

I don't want a pissing match either. I just think it is sad that this is the reaction from the community and the country. I think the gun community as a whole is working against its self in this situation and it is frustating. Makes for good conversation though. Have a happy new year CD.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny cause I just bought a XD9SC there for $479 when Bass Pro had them listed for $549, doesn't seem like gouging to me. I have noticed some of there stuff is higher while other stuff is cheaper than some other places. I think it more depends on what exactly your after & what they are getting it for as well. If supplier cost goes up so does consumer for the most part.

Explain their $700 DPMS .308 lower last week.... and $1800 Bushmasters.... $2500 used DPMS .308. Now I'm not crying "gouging" but it's not a case of "supplier cost" ..... YET. They've been stocked full of inventory for YEARS because they treat people like dirt. When the hype hit.... they jacked up their prices plain and simple.... but it's not a case of a simple man just trying to cover his inflated costs.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Explain their $700 DPMS .308 lower last week.... and $1800 Bushmasters.... $2500 used DPMS .308. Now I'm not crying "gouging" but it's not a case of "supplier cost" ..... YET. They've been stocked full of inventory for YEARS because they treat people like dirt. When the hype hit.... they jacked up their prices plain and simple.... but it's not a case of a simple man just trying to cover his inflated costs.

Well, like I said it might also be related to what your after along with supply & demand. I don't feel I got gouged on my pistol or shotgun I bought from them last week. Compared to other prices I saw around town I actually saved some money. But again, that is how their pricing effected me personally. I looked at some of their AR stuff & came damn close to buying one with a red dot on it for $1200 but resisted the urge. I'm not sayin they haven't raised any prices at all, but the things I bought were actually cheaper there. That was my only point related to the gouging.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if you are standed in the middle of storm with a flat on the side of the road and the tow truck driver wants to charge you $600 because he can and you have the cash on you and are late for a wedding, you will gladly pay it because you have no choice, that is an honest living to you? What if it was an epi pen at the drug store for $500 or what about $1500 while you were having an allergic reaction? Would you pay it? Do you think the whole world should work like that? How long would your current income be sustainable if this was the way the world functioned. Are you part of the MOB?

Maybe that tow truck driver tells you that if you needed a spare that bad you should have already had it in the trunk. Sorry, should have had the epi pen in your pocket already.

I concede that our opinions are going to always differ on this subject. I just see it as people taking advantage of a situation, and not just any situation but a very tragic situation. I strongly disagree with these sales tactics. I can see people have a super cool or super desirable product and making 800% profit off of said product. Just taking a normal product and taking advantage of a situation to turn there product in to an extraordinary product to yeild super profits doesn't seem right to me.

The guns and ammo price gouging is akin to the American Red Cross selling bottles of water for three chickens in Hati after the earthquake. Its taking advantage cuz we are greedy bastards.

I believe that people have every right to do all of those things (though unfortunately that right isn't always respected by the government). It would never work to the extent you describe because of competition though. If somebody quotes me $600 for a tow to town, I will call another towing service. Drug stores who sell epi pens for highly inflated prices will be quickly run out of business, because the competition can easily undercut them. Even if they just do it to people who need it in an emergency, they will get a reputation as overchargers, and people will take their business elsewhere.

For those who are upset at Dong's or CTD, I advise doing just that. But if you can't find those same products in stock anywhere else for less money, I would posit that they are selling at or near the current market price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom