Privat seller at gunshows?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinning the collection and need to move good amount of guns, ammo and parts.
I would rather not do dozens of face to face meetings so I'm thinking of setting up one table at a gun show just not sure of a few things.

The "OKC gun show" is this weekend, I think it is Claude Hall at the expo they dont give an email add. or number to call for questions(number is automated).

Can I go there the day of the gun show early and rent a table if one is available, or do I have to do it in advance?
Do I have to set up and leave my merch. there or can I the morning of? I don't trust them to leave it all night the night before.
Is the table rental fee for each day or for both days?

Thanks for any insight you may have.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One fee for the entire show, per table. You could probably get a table the morning of the show, but why not go ahead and reserve it--just to be safe?
This show is put on by Trish & Jerry Wright (they bought out Metcalf). You can set up prior to the show opening to the public each morning. When you reserve, they will give you the hours that you can get into the building prior to the public. 918-955-1092 is the number to call per their website. Or, 918-275-4867.

Leggett71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Private sales are not a loophole but an american standard and a right to free enterprise in place long before the feds decided they needed to intervene and control / monitor our private lives and control guns sales.
If you are old enough to remember they tried in the 60's to control ammo sales with BATF getting lists from ammo dealers of every box of ammo sold & to whom it was sold with DL numbers. That was replealed after only a few years.
Read where the left wants closing the gun show loop-hole you called it is in the gun control agenda to evolve - registration - confiscation., then we will be like Australia with only the criminals having firearms and being hauled off to jail if you protect your family with a gun.(article in American Rifleman)
Maybe I am a bit radical but closing "loopholes" or gun control is not the answer to the current gun issue we see in the news. When we moved away from respect for anyone in authority and the ACLU started telling the schools and parents they could not discipline children, took God out of everything America stands for and now trying to degrade respect for the national anthem & the pledge of allegiance, that is when we lost any value for human lives and degraded to our current state with mass shootings on the news every week.
When I was in High School most of the guys had a rifle or shotgun in their car or truck, not for protection as we now carry, but to head off to hunting at some time during the week or just go plinking down at the local sand pit. No one was shot at our school, but there was respect for the school teachers, parents and police. Any discipline at school was met with another round at home. Sad to say that is long gone.
We have come a long way.
Leggett

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine and I got a table at a gun show once. It was actually a lot of fun - well sort of, I was selling some firearms due to job loss which was no fun at all.
I'm pretty sure the some law enforcement organization did try to get me to sell a pistol to an out of state buyer. A guy expressed interest in a G17 I was selling, but during the conversation made it known to me he was from Florida. I told him I could not sell the G17 to him and he seemed very disappointed.
Make sure you are familiar with the laws involved.

Latest posts

Top Bottom