Do they put something in the water at the Muskogee Gun Show ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Muskogee shows are usually no good. High prices. Not many vendors. 10 or 15 dollar admission. Works out to about a dollar a minute it takes to see everything.
That Stillwater show last weekend wasn't any good, crazy prices. I can get on the internet and find all the ammo I want for a lot less money.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Judging by how quickly some of you walk through shows, it is apparent that a few of you don’t take the time to talk to any of the vendors. I know that we’ve become accustomed to being offered the discounted price and faceless buying, but many people like talking and haggling over the price of something that’s for sale.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Judging by how quickly some of you walk through shows, it is apparent that a few of you don’t take the time to talk to any of the vendors. I know that we’ve become accustomed to being offered the discounted price and faceless buying, but many people like talking and haggling over the price of something that’s for sale.
Most of the time if I see a crazy price I just keep walking, not even interested if they price something completely out of the ballpark. There will always be another one somewhere.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the time if I see a crazy price I just keep walking, not even interested if they price something completely out of the ballpark. There will always be another one somewhere.

Funny you should mention that , Last RK show I went to there was a guy with some complete Aero lowers and since I needed one I thought I would ask his price. He replied $525 I laughed and said I only need one, he then stated that is for one . I started laughing and walked off he kept shouting come back , its one thing to be greedy , its another entirely to be greedy and stupid.

For everyone who tells me all gun shows dealers are that way , I would have to disagree as I've had some great deals at shows and yes even from individuals , but as someone else said people who are basically there applying the "no paperwork tax" can keep their stuff . I am perfectly able to buy a gun at a gun store when I want one and fill out the paperwork.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes there might be something special about it that deserves the higher price, that can not be seen. Like action work, special trigger or other information. I have been doing shows for about 30 years now and am still learning.

DeepSurplus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I see they're selling an m1 garand for 3k there is no way there is a reasonable thought in there. I will admit to finding deals tho, I walked away with an FEG amd65 import for 600$ about 2 years ago in OKC

Latest posts

Top Bottom