Do they put something in the water at the Muskogee Gun Show ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couple weeks back I went to the Chickasha show, same story. I used to wonder why do these guys load up, set up, show up, and have prices so high they don't sell anything? I've seen some of these guys with the same crappy guns for 3 years running. It finally dawned on me that they don't want to sell their junk, they want to be the man behind the table, they think that makes them a guru, they answer all kinds of questions, and pontificate on history, et all. But really all they know is buy it for a dollar and sell it for ten. Years ago at a show, I came across a rifle, I don't remember what, it was marked 30-06 sniper rifle, it was not 30-06 and not a sniper rifle, but I asked the guy about trading, sure he says, I said I have a table right over there and I'll grab something, I picked up an M1 carbine, they were just getting hot, I took it over to him and he said what is that? Yeah only 6 million made, but he had never seen one. Millions and billions of years ago gun shows were more like swap meets, gun nuts just trying to lighten the load, interesting knowledgeable guys, but now you have used car salesman trying to fund the Vegas account. If you go to a gun show now, you must have time to waste.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Muskogee is the only gun show I’ve ever been to, and that was when I was a kid. Always wanted to go to the big Tulsa show, as I’ve got some (older) friends who would make a weekend out of it, get a motel and hang out and go just for fun. They usually did well too.

Leggett71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Muskogee is the only gun show I’ve ever been to, and that was when I was a kid. Always wanted to go to the big Tulsa show, as I’ve got some (older) friends who would make a weekend out of it, get a motel and hang out and go just for fun. They usually did well too.
I travel to Houston on business occasionally & usually travel so I can hit a show or two in East Texas as it seems those shows have more military WWI & II items than the local shows in OK. But do note the ammo & firearm prices in the small shows are usually in the nose bleed territory, but usually find a private sale with a knife or bayonet or other items that were "grandpas" at a reasonable price, so worth the entry fee.

Leggett71

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this is the second time I have been to the Muskogee Gunshow , last time I actually got a smoking deal on a can of 7.62 Nato to feed to the M14 . One thing I noted and it was reinforced today at the gunshow above is that these people who get tables there seem to go ahead and bump their prices up to the stratosphere , well beyond what I would even consider the normal inflated gun show prices. People asking $1200 for poverty pony build rifles and $2500 for Aero M5 rifles .. Granted its a small show and can be experienced in its entirety in 20 minutes with ease . The question is for folks who know , is that normal over there ? Its almost like they took every clown "private collection" seller in the area and put them in the same venue .
A lot of the exhibitors price high for the ones that come in to trade, room to make mistakes. Be prepared to haggle if just buying. At all shows you will find good dealers and bad ones.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom