Problem with my daughter's daycare

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards leaving it alone, but wanted some other opinions.

Walk into her office, grab a chair and sit in it backwards for dramatic effect. Say something like "Ayyo chubs, can I be real witchu for a minute?"

Address your concerns in an articulate and courteous manner. If she gets hostile, politely inform her that she needs to "check her tone" and "use her inside voice 'fore she finds her ass outside." Make sure to imply that she "must not know who she dealin' with."

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walk into her office, grab a chair and sit in it backwards for dramatic effect. Say something like "Ayyo chubs, can I be real witchu for a minute?"

Address your concerns in an articulate and courteous manner. If she gets hostile, politely inform her that she needs to "check her tone" and "use her inside voice 'fore she finds her ass outside." Make sure to imply that she "must not know who she dealin' with."

Think she'll be scared?

ath255.photobucket.com_albums_hh150_emmaleeannabeth09_th_gangsta.jpg

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As a licensed daycare, she must follow state laws while transporting. Failing to do so is a licensing violation. I would call the local daycare licensing office and turn it in as a compliant. A worker will go out and address the issue with her. She may or may not get into trouble. Depends on if the worker observes it or if the daycare person admits to it. My experience is that the daycare person will deny it, the worker will investigate, and it will just go down on the books as "unsubstantiated/uncertain". Which means the worker can't say it happened, but can't say it didn't. And hopefully the daycare person will at least get the hint and start following the rules. If you don't want to file the complaint or talk to the person, feel free to PM me the name of the facility and the person's name. I won't have your name and it will remain confidential. But I can contact the worker to let them know that I have heard of this occurring. Then at least the licensing worker can review and emphasize the transportation regulations.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your kid is gonna encounter stuff like this all her life. You can't force everyone she comes in contact with to do the right thing. The best you can do is teach her well and then pray she takes it to heart. I wouldn't make a big deal out of this seat belt thing. On the other hand, if it bothers you and you can't let it go just talk with the lady about it the next time you have the chance. Tell her you appreciate the work she does with your kid but you're concerned.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your kid is gonna encounter stuff like this all her life. You can't force everyone she comes in contact with to do the right thing. The best you can do is teach her well and then pray she takes it to heart. I wouldn't make a big deal out of this seat belt thing. On the other hand, if it bothers you and you can't let it go just talk with the lady about it the next time you have the chance. Tell her you appreciate the work she does with your kid but you're concerned.

Well that's the thing, we completely understand this and if this were her aunt driving her to the zoo without a seatbelt on that would be one thing, but her teacher is in a highly trusted position to care for and teach these kids, and although at 5 years old our daughter only understands that if you don't wear a seat belt the police will write you a ticket, she doesn't really understand the law, but that still doesn't give the teacher a right to not only obviously break the law, but to justify it to children.

I've gotten a couple of pointers and I think I will just bring up the fact that she's confused on wearing seatbelts and just leave it at that.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've gotten a couple of pointers and I think I will just bring up the fact that she's confused on wearing seatbelts and just leave it at that.

Now you're talkin'. And try not to worry so much dad. You've got a long row to hoe with this young'un. You have to pace yourself. Don't wear yourself out too early. ;)

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I would just let it go. I wouldnt want to make anyone upset that watches my kid everyday and have my kid end up being treated differently because of something I may have said or done. Now if it were something else more than just the seatbelt thing, I would definitely express my opinion to them.

ithrowicecubes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now you're talkin'. And try not to worry so much dad. You've got a long row to hoe with this young'un. You have to pace yourself. Don't wear yourself out too early. ;)

Yah, you haven't even had to deal with boys calling on her yet.

Just have your daughter ask the lady if she doesn't fit in the seatbelt.

This!

Latest posts

Top Bottom