Problem with my daughter's daycare

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
let it go ... too many complications for very little gain.
no such thing as a perfect world ....

if you cannot let it go... as someone already stated, report it ... the daycare will probably deny it and not get in trouble. after a warning, NO way the daycare will continue practice of non seat belt usage.

it should achieve your desire for daycare's compliance without you saying a thing
or getting the daycare into trouble.

Personally I would just let it go. I wouldnt want to make anyone upset that watches my kid everyday and have my kid end up being treated differently because of something I may have said or done. Now if it were something else more than just the seatbelt thing, I would definitely express my opinion to them.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with posters who mentioned to make sure that your daughter knows that in your household you do wear a seatbelt regardless of her caretaker. I wouldnt bring it up because its apples and oranges to me but if you did I would say this:

"Mrs X my daughter has recently been refusing to wear her seatbelt sometimes, because she says big people dont wear seat belts. She wants to be a big person just like you, so she tries to copy what you do. Im not angry in the least that you dont wear it, I just hate having my daughter questioning me when i ask her to put it on. Would you mind wearing your seatbelt so she will learn how to ride in a car safely?"

The way i phrased it does play both sides a bit and stretches the truth about the daughters behavior but you give the daycare lady a little flattery and let her know that your daughter does look up to and learn things from her. Its possible to say it with slight smile on your face and a kind tone as to not hurt the lady's ego but still let her know you are serious about it. If she doesnt comply, confront her with your business face then remove your daughter from the center.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To say that Mrs X's seat belt use when she's driving only affects her and not her passengers is short sided IMO. Of course it can, and does potentially endanger everyone aboard IMO.

Besides that, I'm a believer that in a child care situation, where there is smoke there is fire. If this woman is willing to disregard safety rules in order to suit herself, then I also have to wonder what else this woman might do to circumvent the rules because she doesn't feel like it or to cut costs.

Hold her ass to the fire or move your kids.

Latest posts

Top Bottom