Processing questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used to buy discounted near-expiration-date meats at a local grocery store (they're no longer in business, or we still would).

The majority of those meats were gray, and we never had a problem. :drunk2:
Me too. The red dye is reaching the expiration date. Take em home and put them in the freezer.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’m going to try and smoke the ball roasts from the rear legs. Hamburger the rest from the legs and grill the back straps and tenderloins tomorrow! My belly is already growling.
Post pics, let us know how it works out. I turned both back legs into jerky meat this year. Besides the backstraps, turned everything else into hamburger. This will be the first time actually making deer jerky. Hope it turns out as well as beef n pig..

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If any of you guys have Netflix, the "Meat Hunter" series has a pretty good episode on processing a deer from gutted to freezing. Its in the first season that's available on Netflix. He doesn't cover aging though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If any of you guys have Netflix, the "Meat Hunter" series has a pretty good episode on processing a deer from gutted to freezing. Its in the first season that's available on Netflix. He doesn't cover aging though.

I tuned into that show tonight. Incredible. Non stop hunting or cooking with no commercials and no infomercial BS.
Highly Recommend.
(Yes it is meat eater) Thank you buzzgun

Latest posts

Top Bottom