Proposed ODWC Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read an interview one of the news groups did with the non game fish biologist. It isn't an exact quote but he said we don't have any idea how many non game fish are harvested so we have to set a creel limit to know.
He also answered that nobody eats these fish. That is another ignorant response.

A friend of mine always ices down the cooler and drops it off after our bow fishing trip. They return it the next day cleaned up and are gracious for the fish. They make something similar to a salmon patty out of carp. He does 4 or 5 trips a week during prime time.

Last edited:

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read an interview with the non game fish biologist. It isn't an exact quote but he said we don't have any idea how many non game fish are harvested so we have to set a creel limit to know.
He also answered that nobody eats these fish. That is another ignorant response.

A friend of mine always ices down the cooler and drops it off after our bow fishing trip. They return it the next day cleaned up and are gracious for the fish. They make something similar to a salmon patty out of carp. He does 4 or 5 trips a week during prime time.
That made me so mad. That’s the lamest proposed rule change I’ve seen yet I think. Like hell people don’t eat them. I’ve given thousands away to people who were ecstatic to have them. Generally speaking, fish is expensive to eat. Lots of folks want some fish but can’t afford it. White people seem to be the only folks who turn their nose up at eating trash fish. Im all for being mindful about any kinda harvest, but the limit/reasoning is hogwash.But I do agree that shooting them and throwing them back is bush league.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Problem is, without optics I am unable to hunt. My eyes are too poor for iron sights even with my glasses. I can't see one of them as it is always blurry. The one I focus on, the other is blurry no matter which it is.
I have to wear reading glasses to see ANYTHING up close so iron sights are blurry without them, but if I wear my readers while trying to shoot, the target is blurry. It’s a catch 22.

I’ve killed deer with an open sight muzzleloader the last two years during the late TX muzzleloader season, so I know I’m still capable.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll propose the ones that most don't want lol. 9 day gun season that starts sometime in December.

Then the not so controversial ones....

Allow the season limit on does to be taken with ML and rifle also. If a guy wants to kill 6 does with a gun, let him.

Allow WMAs to be open just the same as private.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll propose the ones that most don't want lol. 9 day gun season that starts sometime in December.

Then the not so controversial ones....

Allow the season limit on does to be taken with ML and rifle also. If a guy wants to kill 6 does with a gun, let him.

Allow WMAs to be open just the same as private.
And the jackass that is too lazy to hunt his families land that hunts my fence line that he doesn't have any ties to will kill everything he can and move on to the next property he can weasel onto.

Latest posts

Top Bottom