Proposed ODWC Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Problem is, without optics I am unable to hunt. My eyes are too poor for iron sights even with my glasses. I can't see one of them as it is always blurry. The one I focus on, the other is blurry no matter which it is.
Exactly. Making an iron sight only MZ season is just like going back to long bows only for archery.
Optics and crossbows allow disabled and the elderly that can’t hunt with them anymore a method to get back into the deer stands.
The elitists that want only long bows and iron sights have every right to use them at your discretion with out taking away the hunting tradition that the elderly and disabled can enjoy by using them.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
And the jackass that is too lazy to hunt his families land that hunts my fence line that he doesn't have any ties to will kill everything he can and move on to the next property he can weasel onto.
I guess I'm not following. You talking about shooting all the does with either ML or gun?

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess it would depend on the area. I could prob take 50 a year not make a dent.
Not on my property. There isn't 50 deer total. I've hunted here all my life. I've tried to be more selective the last 10 years to try and let bucks mature and spread the genes. The guy that hunts on my cousins adjoining property just wants to kill 5 deer off the property every year. He's pretty much erased everything I've tried to accomplish .

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not on my property. There isn't 50 deer total. I've hunted here all my life. I've tried to be more selective the last 10 years to try and let bucks mature and spread the genes. The guy that hunts on my cousins adjoining property just wants to kill 5 deer off the property every year. He's pretty much erased everything I've tried to accomplish .
We don't kill bucks unless mature and going to score something legit. Does on the other hand are plentiful. 30 or 40 to 1 of I had to guess.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion, these public input deals are just for show, and they’re going to do what they’re going to do no matter what the public thinks.:rolleyes2
A couple years back when the 23ish day deer gun season was proposed, It was the public input that swayed the commission to can it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom