PSA: Clean your condensing coils....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldflinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They make a spray foaming cleaner sold at Lowe's and home depot. It is about $5.00 a can. It is supposed to lift the grime and gunk and make it easier to wash away. I bought 2 cans last month that I plan to use next time I clean the coils. I do it about once a month in this weather. Fighting the dirt and cotton woods! Has anyone used the can cleaner and what are your thoughts?

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jumping Jimminy! You guys do this once a month? I have literally never heard of it, so I know for a fact my condenser hasn't been cleaned in 4 years.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever had your unit serviced? Reputable Heat/AC guys will usually clean it while they are checking it over.

Except for those who refuse to come out and service your unit until you've done this yourself... lol. Or so I was told on this forum a month or so ago. :P

As I said then... those guys can starve.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Except for those who refuse to come out and service your unit until you've done this yourself... lol. Or so I was told on this forum a month or so ago. :P

As I said then... those guys can starve.

Whoa ... I musta missed that thread! LOL

WTF is wrong with people?? That's like calling a plumber for a clogged pipe and them saying "Well snake the line and if that doesn't fix it call me back!" :)

Bad shot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also don't foreget your refrigerator, (I DID) it cost me money, cleaning the colls with a vacuum doesn't or isn't good enough, you must blow them out with an aircompressor, our frig. is a bottom freezer, the coils are underside the freezer, they were plugged, also the fan was not turning, with a bit of effort our frig. is cold again, this Okie weather is taking a toll on everything with triple digit heat, stay cool..Bad Shot...Aug.1st-2011..

longrangepistol

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did this on both units in April and just yesterday. Was surprised to see the dirt, grass and remaining cottonwood come out of the units. That afternoon my daughter walks in the den area wearing a sweatshirt telling me it's "too cold". I like the meat locker feeling indoors in the middle of this heat!

Latest posts

Top Bottom