Pulitzer Prize winning journalism on MSN this morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was in the whats trending section of MSN this morning. It won't be long now. We will all be watching "OW! My Balls" on the tube. The Idocracy is coming. Mike Judge is a phophet. Is this really what passes for journalism, or was this on bring your teenager to work day. I can't believe people write this stuff and post it up for the public to read.

Name of Article:Would you live in a house printed out of concrete in 20 hours?

What it Said: Would you live in a house made by a 3-D printer in approximately 20 hours? It’s a choice you may have in a few years, as USC engineering professor Behrokh Khoshnevis has developed a process called “Contour Crafting” which allows a giant “moveable gantry” to “print” a 2500-square-foot house out of layers of quick-drying concrete in less than a day. Sucks to be you, construction workers! Clearly this ultra-fast dare we say slapdash methodology is more efficient than pretty, which is why Khoshnevis suggests it for emergency or low-income housing. Sucks to be you, low income homeowners! Can we preemptively call this a bad idea or just presume in 50 years it’ll be awesome?

Link to article on MSN: http://now.msn.com/usc-engineering-professor-proposes-3-d-printed-house

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The internet has been the death of real journalism over the last few years. Oh we have a story hurry up and slap it up there, we will edit and fact check later just be the first to throw it on a web page.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The internet has been the death of real journalism over the last few years. Oh we have a story hurry up and slap it up there, we will edit and fact check later just be the first to throw it on a web page.

I will sure agree with this statement. I have seen a number of stories on both the local and national media that makes me wonder if they are having local high school yearbook folks intern and write the stories with no sort of fact checking and/or spell check/grammar going on before posting. I myself have probably been guilty of something like this, but I don't get paid for posting..

My apologies to any high school folks who REALLY know how to do this sort of thing..........

Latest posts

Top Bottom