Oklahoma House votes down revenue measure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Raising the cigarette tax will result in less money, not more.
1. People will quit.
2. People will buy from Indian smoke shops and the tribes will get the money. Not the state.
3. People will make case runs across state lines and buy out of state.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. People will quit.
2. People will buy from Indian smoke shops and the tribes will get the money. Not the state.

This is pretty true... I don't know if it will actually result in less money, but it absolutely will drive people to greater extremes to get away from the tax.

Boy, I bet the Indian smoke shops are hoping for it, though! They'll just look at that $1.50 tax per pack and raise their own prices $1.00-1.25 per pack. lol

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. People will quit.
I would agree that more taxation will actually cause a decrease in revenue.
laffer-curve.png

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
This is pretty true... I don't know if it will actually result in less money, but it absolutely will drive people to greater extremes to get away from the tax.

Boy, I bet the Indian smoke shops are hoping for it, though! They'll just look at that $1.50 tax per pack and raise their own prices $1.00-1.25 per pack. lol
I do not think you having negative statements about American Indians legally operating businesses has anything to do with this thread.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
"Hello Pot, meet Kettle."
You know, I know that you along with the other Mods do not mind making racial statements and jokes about American Indians. I also know that you want to, and try to, bait me into an argument so you can ban me, you and your buddies have tried many times. either attempt to add to the thread or at least be an adult with your comments.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
You know, I know that you along with the other Mods do not mind making racial statements and jokes about American Indians. I also know that you want to, and try to, bait me into an argument so you can ban me, you and your buddies have tried many times. either attempt to add to the thread or at least be an adult with your comments.

Why don't you?

Seriously, get over yourself and your thin skin. His comment had nothing to do about the race of the people. There was nothing negative or derogatory about it. It wouldn't matter whether it was white, black, red, yellow.... or green people running a smokeshop, his point was about the business and economic side of raising taxes on something that you can buy locally without tax.

Latest posts

Top Bottom