put a glock 17 gen 3 on layaway over gen 4....good or bad choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both glock 17's were new. I went with the gen 3. The gen 4 was 40 dollars more but came with extra mag. Decided on the gen 3 since they have been around a bit longer. Didnt know if the gen 4 still had quirks or anything. What do you guys think?

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd of went with the 4, for only 40 more, take off $25 for the extra mag, and its only $15 more, I don't think you'd be disappointed with either but I think you made the wrong choice.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you don't like the grip texture on the 4, I would recommend it. I have had zero issues out of the 9 gen4s I have owned, and zero issues from any of the gen3s.
I prefer gen 4. Now you get the extra mag, better recoil spring, 2 backstraps and 2 additional backstraps with the beavertail built in. Its worth the $40 more to me.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had several issues with the Gen4's. Guide rod, I think?

I bought a G19 Gen3 not long ago over the Gen4. Don't like the grip/back straps, and slide config on the Gen4. I just prefer the Gen3. I would have done the same thing. Mags are less than $30.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had several issues with the Gen4's. Guide rod, I think?

I bought a G19 Gen3 not long ago over the Gen4. Don't like the grip/back straps, and slide config on the Gen4. I just prefer the Gen3. I would have done the same thing. Mags are less than $30.

What issues have you had?

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both glock 17's were new. I went with the gen 3. The gen 4 was 40 dollars more but came with extra mag. Decided on the gen 3 since they have been around a bit longer. Didnt know if the gen 4 still had quirks or anything. What do you guys think?

Oops.

Latest posts

Top Bottom