Question about mounting a scope on an AR.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking of putting a Redfield Battlezone scope on my AR......As for the AR, it is a Colt 6920 with a fixed A2 front sight. Do I NEED to remove the front sight and put a railed gas block on there or will it be okay with it on? Thanks for your help fellas!

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Using the newer Convex lenses on scopes today, which are designed to see around the front post. Some people the post will bother. If you look real hard you will see the post as a blurred area. Try to always look past the post and not fixate on it, and you will be okay. The older scopes did not have the convex lense, and they were a problem in this area.

Good luck.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Using the newer Convex lenses on scopes today, which are designed to see around the front post. Some people the post will bother. If you look real hard you will see the post as a blurred area. Try to always look past the post and not fixate on it, and you will be okay. The older scopes did not have the convex lense, and they were a problem in this area.

Good luck.

Couldn't have said it better. Good info right here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom