Question about obtaining carry license

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stainless

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question is in regards to, what is the total dollar amount needed to take with me to the sheriffs office, including the license and all other fees? I cannot seem to find the answer im looking for. Would like to try and just make one trip to the sheriffs office if possible.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OSBI will only take credit cards, cashiers check or money orders. That should be either $100 for 5 years or $200 for 10 years. My sheriffs office charges $35 for prints, photos and local background check. Yours may charge differently. Be sure and take your certificate from your class.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSBI will only take credit cards, cashiers check or money orders. That should be either $100 for 5 years or $200 for 10 years. My sheriffs office charges $35 for prints, photos and local background check. Yours may charge differently. Be sure and take your certificate from your class.

.Just asking ....but ,You got a "mugshot" for your license pic.... ;)....LOL jus kiddin

.some where I believe it says that it cant be over a certain amount...$185 for the 5 year including everything.....anyone heard this?

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

.Just asking ....but ,You got a "mugshot" for your license pic.... ;)....LOL jus kiddin

.some where I believe it says that it cant be over a certain amount...$185 for the 5 year including everything.....anyone heard this?

There is nothing in statute at gives an overall cap, but currently everything has an individual cap, $60 for class, $25 for prints, $10 for photo (if LEA does it), $100 for new 5 year, $200 for new 10 year license.

There is legislation that is still working that could remove the $60 class limit.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is nothing in statute at gives an overall cap, but currently everything has an individual cap, $60 for class, $25 for prints, $10 for photo (if LEA does it), $100 for new 5 year, $200 for new 10 year license.

There is legislation that is still working that could remove the $60 class limit.

Thanks , I thought I read that some where.
And isnt the renewel only $80 for 5 years?

Latest posts

Top Bottom