Question about poor fingerprints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanwk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife just went to the SO here in OKC. They now use a scanner. However her fingers are almost worn smooth. Difficult to get a good print. The scan would say "poor quality" but the deputy entered them anyway. Her fingers are smooth because of her job. What will happen if they cant't get good sets?

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I was a chemist for years and the dessicants wore my prints right off. After 2 failures at the local SO, I ended up at OSBI.

The lady that runs the scanner used cornhuskers lotion to bring up what ridges I have. She also made 2 sets of ink print cards as a back-up. One set or the other (scanner or card) was good enough to pass.

If your wife's prints are rejected, go to OSBI next. They guarantee a passable set of prints before you leave.

alanwk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
I had my prints rejected twice and then OSBI did their thing with the lotion. Funny that the SO said they were told NOT to use any lotion.:angry3:
Will OSBI insist on 2 rejections before they do it? Seems like a way to delay processing. I am now at almost 130 days.:pissed:

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you're in OKC already, I don't think they will make you wait for two rejections. Seems like when we took our class they said the OKC residents could go to SO or OSBI for the first set, their choice. The rest of us had to go to our local SO first. But don't quote me, this was years ago.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
No, they don't require two rejections. Only the FIRST set is REQUIRED to be from your local SO, after that you can go directly to the OSBI. That's what I did. Pott county is notorious for bad prints, and not just for CCW either.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have cerebral palsy so I am horribly hard to print. The Grant County Sheriff's office tried to do me at first and the OSBI rejected the prints. I called them and they suggested a scanner, so I hunted around and found that Garefield County hos one but the wait was something like sixty days, so I looked some more and found that Ponca City PD has them, so I went there, and they used their scanner, and produced an acceptable set.

The bad thing about having your prints rejected is that the OSBI doesn't start the countdown until they have a good set. That sort of sucks.

boomergal

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Live in Haskell Co. Been 83 days since first set of prints were rejected and 67 days since had second set done. Still haven't heard a word from OSBI. Hope me, you and everyone else gets the cards in soon. I am STILL waiting to hear about second set of prints....:cry11:

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The oil-free Cornhusker's Lotion is good advice for anyone about to get fingerprinted. Use it for several days before you go and it will help raise the prints.
The requirement now is that you have to be rejected twice before going to the OSBI.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The bad thing about having your prints rejected is that the OSBI doesn't start the countdown until they have a good set. That sort of sucks.

Hmm, I thought it was just suspended until you got them a good set. IE, if it was 20 days before they rejected the first set, then they'd have 70 days after they got the good set back, not the full 90 again.

I just hope when I have to do the renewal it goes as fast as it did the first time. Even after having to get reprinted once I still got mine in 60 something days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom