Question about Pre-Panic stupidity pricing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone recall what the prices were for:

CCI Large a pistol primers?
CCI Small pistol primers?
CCI Small rifle primers?

Thanks. It’s been several years since I have bought any.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this at H&H the other day and took a picture of it. I'm pretty sure that's old pre-panic pricing. Since I’m just now getting things together to start reloading I didn’t have a clue. Found this helpful.

9AC7BCA4-DD6E-4D2D-8BA3-C539EB586920.jpeg

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best I remember, the last primers I bought probably 1-2 years ago were about $35 per 1000 whatever size, magnum may have been slightly higher. It seems like 1-2 years ago, but the way my memory works that means it was probably 5-7 years ago. :rollingla

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last package of 100 CCI #500 SPP I was able to get at Academy late December last year was $4.99.

Pricing on the CCI website is $53.99 for SPP and $58.99 for SRP.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone recall what the prices were for:

CCI Large a pistol primers?
CCI Small pistol primers?
CCI Small rifle primers?

Thanks. It’s been several years since I have bought any.

$28-35 per 1000. CCI 41s a bit higher. From the places I’ve always bought from. Gene Sears, Powder Valley, Natchez etc. Shipping and hazmat was minimal because I usually bought 40-50K per order.

The H&H prices posted above were typical there and at most gun stores. I reload enough that I don’t buy components at those places unless I’m desperate or just picking up a single pound to try.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I can remember back in the late 70-early 80’s dad would figure a penny to a penny and a half for primers for reloading costs. Cast our own bullets and already had the brass. Usually under a nickel per round depending on what we were loading.
I still have some Winchester Staynless SRP in the yellow box from back in the day

Latest posts

Top Bottom