Question For The Organic Gardeners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to water my squash tonight, and already crushed about 6-8 of the "stinkbug" looking bugs that heavily infested my squash late in the summer last year. I don't want to use any real "chemical" poisons in the garden; what's a good, natural pesticide that will kill most bugs and worms, including these things? Are these "squash bugs"?

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I have read, Marigolds help keep the squash bugs away. I have bought some to plant next to my squash, but haven't personally tried them yet. They also help attract bees, humming birds, etc, to help pollinate the other vegetables.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marigolds will help keep bugs out of the garden but you're already doing about all an adult squash bug understands..Smash him. Keep the adults picked off as long as you can, cause when you start seeing the little baby squashers it won't be long till all your plants start dieing...Good luck.

The Toad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes DE is a awesome hard shell critter getter for your garden it just cut's them to shreds and they dehydrate it and you can also use it everywhere as it is organic and edible to a degree.
just sprinkle a little on the plant front and back side of the leaves and make sure you add a good layer on and around the base of the plant and within a week or so you should have your infestation under control.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My wife says to plant garlic as well. Marigolds and garlic keep those bugs away (she says make sure they're real marigolds. Apparently, some flowers look like them and are sold as marigolds.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom