Quite a surprise tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was around 10 or so my dad bought me a Browning 22 semi-auto rifle. Has some engraving on it. I never knew what happened to it...im 41 now.

Anyways, we went over there today and he had it in his room...said "remember this? Be sure and take it home with you".

This thing being 30 years old...still in excellent shape. Has a few small rub marks in the finish, no rust and the bluing is still like new (aside from the few rubs).

He has obviously maintained it perfectly over the years...it has not been fired since I was a kid.

Sure is nice to have it here.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always nice to have one of your childhood guns back. A few years ago my dad gave me his Ruger Single Six and I still have my .410 single shot Mossberg that my grandpa gave me.

NC

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a Winchester semi-auto .22 rifle one year for Christmas, I suspect I was ~13. I picked it up from my Dad some time ago and finally pulled it out last summer. I was surprised that it was in perfect condition except the scope, which was crap anyway, was a little foggy. I replaced the scope and it is so much fun to shoot. It is now ~35 years old and a great rifle. I don't have boys but my oldest daughter keeps telling me she wants to learn how to shoot. Of course then she goes to the mall but maybe some day.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always nice to have one of your childhood guns back. A few years ago my dad gave me his Ruger Single Six and I still have my .410 single shot Mossberg that my grandpa gave me.

NC

My first long gun was a stevens .410 that I got for Christmas as a child. I sold it after my wife had died. I later remarried and we had a son. I was then sorry I had sold it. I met the guy I sold it to a few years later when we were doing some training together. I was at Ft. Benning and he was send down from Ft Brag. I told him I had remarried and how life was going and that we had a son. The next week after he had gone back to Bragg for the weekend he met me in the parking lot with the shotgun and said to give it to Wyatt (my son) and to tell him the story. Now it sits in the safe to be given to him.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My first was a Remington 581LH .22lr. I got it in 1968 for Christmas.

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN0458.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN0459.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom