Rand Paul Wins CPAC Straw Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In other words, only fools would vote for a libertarian? Where exactly do you disagree with Paul's policies? Most of the criticism he gets comes from the media throwing out words libertarian or isolationist, yet they never attack his positions directly. If the poll you cite includes the libertarian party then I would say it has no bearing on how Paul would do in a national election. Paul is the only Republican that is reaching out to minority communities right now, traveling to places like Furgeson, MO and meeting with major minority groups.

The reason that liberty leaning politicians often fly under the republican banner is because the republicans and democrats have a monopoly on politics in this country, even though the majority of people belong to neither party. The understanding between the two parties keeps us bickering about non critical issues while the same detrimental policies continue through both party's administrations. They have set up a system to prevent Independents from gaining power by controlling access to debates, save a few cases in the north east.

As for Scott Walker, again I ask how is he a valid candidate when he has failed to position himself on issues many people see as important.

Only people that really believe in the libertarians should vote for them, if that makes them fools or not is up to them to decide.

As far as Paul's policies, I disagree with legalizing drugs, weakening the military, foreign policy, etc, etc, etc. The only places I do agree with him is in shrinking the size of government and I do not think his policies would do that any more then most Republicans.

I know no one here wants to hear this but, we all think our beliefs are right and if people disagree there must be something wrong with them. (Personally I think liberals played with there "Do It Yourself Home Lobotomy Kit" too much as children.) We also think if people would give our ideas a chance they would see how right we are. This goes for liberals, conservatives, libertarians, atheist, Christians, Muslims, etc, etc, etc. The truth is our beliefs are shaped by many factors in our lives and not some strange mental disorder. You can not make people see things your way and our founding fathers did a pretty decent job of setting things up to deal with that. The main groups are pretty much represented by the two main parties and the fringe groups can have some small impact by joining those two parties or a larger impact by forming their own parties and building a base of supporters. As I have said before, I am hoping the Tea Party splits off and forms another real party. I would support that and if I could I might even run for a local office under it's banner.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't give a crap if you have been here for 20 years. Your illegal and you need to go back to the country you came from and apply for legal citizenship.

Seniority in being an illegal alien holds no more water than any other crime, and there is no statute of limitations for illegal immigration on the books.

Get it right or be gone.

Also, the founders never intended for children of ILLEGAL immigrants to be given citizenship...nobody else in the world does that! You should be LEGAL to have kids get citizenship...each time that comes up from time to time in congress, racism is shouted by the democrat vote hoarders.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hillary will win this one. Mark my words.
Shes already been "chosen".

She has been chosen as the sacrifice so that the Dims can say they ran a woman for Prez first. In reality she has very little chance of winning unless the GOP goes with a RINO like Jeb, Paul or Romney. The baggage from the past, past scandals and the foreign money scandal building plus Obama's 8 years will prevent her no matter how much the Dems and their media lap dogs play her up as the chosen one. 2016 is the GOP's to lose and they will have to screw up big to do it.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The GOP should have no problem beating Hilary. If they lose to her, they should just give up. A Romeny-esque candidate could beat Hilary. I know that's not what OSA righties want, but it's the only type of candidate who could beat her handily and would be the GOP's best shot.

I have to mostly agree with that. If the Right picks someone on the far Right and the Left picks Hillary, the majority of the middle will go with Hillary. The majority of this population is female. They have a deep craving to see a female President. Heck, I agree with them. I would love to see someone with the spine and ideology of Thatcher become our President. I just don't think that's Hillary. The majority of highly religious women will vote against Hillary but a very large majority of the rest will go her way. The GOP gives up 90% of the black vote. They are trying hard to do the same thing with the Hispanic vote. We are at 65-70% now but we can get it up to 90% some day. All the middle aged white men in the country can vote GOP, it isn't really going to matter.

Look, I complain about RINO's as much as anybody. But a RINO President isn't the same thing as a Representative or Senator. Those lower positions represent specific districts or states. The President is supposed to represent the whole country. Not just the people that voted for him. (This is one of my biggest criticisms of Obama... he needs to go to a history class and read about Eisenhower and civil rights, etc.) So while it would irk me to no end if my Representative was a RINO, I can't honestly say I would rather have someone like Hillary than a RINO Republican as President. Who would you rather have holding the veto pen? Who would you rather have appointing Supreme Court Justices?

Jeb would be far from my first choice. Or fifth choice. But I do have to say he gets high marks from the people of his own state for his time as governor. Barbara Bush said many years ago that she always thought Jeb was the one that was President material. Bush 43 made me sigh way too often, I actually think Jeb would do a better job. And I think Jeb can appeal to many of the middle of the road voters. And even pull some of the Hispanics back. In other words, I can see how he can win. (I'm 100% opposed to Christie. I can't handle that one.)

Hillary worries me. I'm tired now with Obama after six years. I'm going to be at my limit by the time his second term is up. If we end up with Hillary for two terms, god... that would be hard to live with.

Gregg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She has been chosen as the sacrifice so that the Dims can say they ran a woman for Prez first. In reality she has very little chance of winning unless the GOP goes with a RINO like Jeb, Paul or Romney. The baggage from the past, past scandals and the foreign money scandal building plus Obama's 8 years will prevent her no matter how much the Dems and their media lap dogs play her up as the chosen one. 2016 is the GOP's to lose and they will have to screw up big to do it.

What if the GOP chooses Carly Fiorina? She was sounding pretty good against Hillary the other day.

Whoever they pick had better have enough sac to make Hillary answer tough non-PC questions and have credibility on their side at the same time. Not like what we are seeing in congress right now. That folks is all that it takes to beat Hillary. Will we see it? I'll believe it when I do...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What if the GOP chooses Carly Fiorina? She was sounding pretty good against Hillary the other day.

Whoever they pick had better have enough sac to make Hillary answer tough non-PC questions and have credibility on their side at the same time. Not like what we are seeing in congress right now. That folks is all that it takes to beat Hillary. Will we see it? I'll believe it when I do...

I do not know enough about Fiorina to give an opinion. I have heard good and bad. I wish Condi Rice would run even if only as a VP candidate but she is smarter then that.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do not know enough about Fiorina to give an opinion. I have heard good and bad. I wish Condi Rice would run even if only as a VP candidate but she is smarter then that.

I would cream for a Rubio/Condi ticket. That's a Landslide combo. But of course then we'd have to deal with Bohners bunch of idiots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom