random ammo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've ended up with ammo for firearms I no longer have; if I know I won't get back into that caliber, I sell off the stuff. Did that recently with some .30 Carbine ammo.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've ended up with ammo for firearms I no longer have; if I know I won't get back into that caliber, I sell off the stuff. Did that recently with some .30 Carbine ammo.

I have a lot of this but won't sell. Everyone wants a deal on ammo purchases, me included, so I'll just keep it on the off chance I'll get another firearm in said caliber. After all, I bought one before right ?

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
on the gun show table thing , everyone agree to divide the cost of the table (the more people involved the cheaper it would be) and each person agrees to work table for so many hours during the show get enough and it might only be a couple of hours for each person.Or find someone that would run a commission only table.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a lot of this but won't sell. Everyone wants a deal on ammo purchases, me included, so I'll just keep it on the off chance I'll get another firearm in said caliber. After all, I bought one before right ?

To each his or her own. I've owned and shot enough M1 Carbines to know I don't wish to get back into that field again, so I have no regrets whatsoever selling that ammo.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I still have about 30 rounds of GP11 even though I traded my K31.

I owned the Tantal that I took in trade for my K31 for 48 hours before I sold it. The ammo that I was going to shoot out of it arrived 2 days after it sold. Luckily I managed to flip it.

For whatever reason, there was a shortage of .303 Brit locally when I had my Enfield so I never shot it before I sold it. I still have a bunch of Enfield stripper clips.

I "inherited" a Colt M1903 in 38 Long Colt that I have no intention of ever buying ammo for or shooting.

Basically, being a compulsive flipper has caused me to accumulate a bunch of weird odds and ends including ammo.

More on topic, I don't buy ammo for guns I don't have but I do collect brass that I don't reload. I'm holding all the Limited shooters' 40S&W brass hostage until they trade me for 9mm or 45.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have come up with random .308 win rounds, 9mm, .40 smith, 30-30, 7 mag, 243 win and some others. Not very much of each but i keep them around never know right? Got about a box of 32 auto FMJ that came in a gladware container came in a farm sale junk box. It had a Cobra CB radio NIB, small hunting item, few small tools i think. Was after the cb lol. I pick up just about any brass i see. See it as trading material if i ever get a small amount gathered.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought close to 1500 rounds of .223 before I ever purchased my AR...Wanted to be ready when the time came. I have several boxes of .308 for an upcoming new hunting rifle purchase. Only leftover ammo is some 7.62x39 from an SKS I traded for my bow. I want another SKS so i'll be holding on to that. Also bought some .45 because I plan to purchase another 1911.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is why I dont really sell my ammo. everyone wants to buy it for next to nothing. I'd rather keep the ammo in case I do get something to shoot it through, than take a little bit of cash. I recently tried to sell 750 rounds of .45acp to a member on here and all the guy was willing to pay was $125. I dont know what the ammo is worth but it is worth more to me even without having a .45

Latest posts

Top Bottom