random ammo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was doing a inventory of my current ammo supply and realized that I have ALOT of ammo for guns that I have never even owned. When I come across a good deal on ammo I will usually buy it even if I dont have anything to shoot it through.

Does anyone else do this, or am I wierd for doing it?

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
having ammo and no gun to shoot it through sounds like a reason to buy something in that caliber.
yes i have ammo for guns i no longer own but will own in that caliber again.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Most likely too small amount that anyone would go to the trouble to meet and purchase, but I have unusable to me stuff. Like I ran across a Safariland 229GE Ruger heavy duty holster in my box. (Looks like for a 4" revolver) Have no idea where or when I picked it up. More than that, why do I have it? Never owned a Rugar, and only one SW revolver in my life. Strange. 1 1/2 boxes of 22 shorts. What for? One box .32 ACP. Did I ever own something that would shoot those?

I guess we need to have a low cost flea market get together. No offense to gun show people, but just a Saturday morning tailgate party to get rid of excess stuff like my holster and two boxes of 5 16Ga slugs. (I think I did own a 16 at one time come to think about it.) Not a paid vender type environment, just a swap and trade deal.

I think I know of a spot that would work for the Tulsa, NE OK crowd. Is your stuff worth driving for or to look at other stuff?

Ok, had a flash thought here. How about at the next SuperDaves show, a special table be purchased for "minimal things". Total sales $ for all your items for sale can not be in excess of $X. You pay a percentage of all sales to someone to "man the table" and collect your money. We need 1. Max $ of value. (one firearm, two boxes of shells, one holster, etc.) 2. Booth/table rental. 3. Someone to man the booth and be paid at least in cheeseburgers and/or beer. 4. Someone to figure out the percentage that will work out to make it fair for all and at least break even. 5. (should be number 1), Would that be ok with Dave?

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have ammo that I have never owned guns for as well as ammo for calibers I no longer own. I also have guns in calibers that I have never owned ammo for. But I do own ammo for the stuff I shoot.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few 7.62x54r for a nagant that I sold. Also some 30-06 for a deer rifle I traded. I have friends with those calibers though so I'll shoot it, just not through guns I own right now.

Can't say I outright bought some for a gun I don't own though, but I can't say it won't happen.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we all end up with ammo like that. I do not buy it but I do get some in trades or find it while picking up brass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom