Re: Starbucks or "Slapping an Ally in the Face"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to say. That's probably the case, well-intentioned if slightly misguided though it may be. Now this has become a huge public pissing match between pro-gun people and rabidly anti-gun people and the 'battleground' is a third-party's business venue. This crap has unintended consequences.

I have very few issues with open carry as a practice; there is a time and a place for damn near anything. Just because some folks like to openly carry a firearm in public and attempt to rub other people's faces in it doesn't make them some righteously mighty moral crusader.

There's a big difference between standing up for your rights and actively taking measures which will turn people against your point of view, IMHO.

Ek

I'm confused and need a little clarification. Are you saying that everyone that open carries in public is a retard? Or are you saying that only those who open carry in public who are purposefully doing so to provoke others is a retard?

If the latter, can you describe how you differentiate the two?

Thanks.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open Carry is my "right". I pay the state of Oklahoma $170 every 10 years for the "right" to open carry. I have been OC almost every day since it became legal. Fact is, most people dont even notice.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I have Starbucks almost every day. We went TWICE (OC BOTH TIMES as we normally do!) on Friday and made sure to thank them for being friendly to our right to carry openly. Starbucks got an extra $7.65 of our money on Friday because of their stand on my right to protect myself. I'd be willing to bet that Friday was a VERY good revenue day for Starbucks nationwide. Fact is, most of the gun owners that I know are good, productive members of society with a disposable income. Most of the libtards I know are are drawing some sort of public support.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm confused and need a little clarification. Are you saying that everyone that open carries in public is a retard? Or are you saying that only those who open carry in public who are purposefully doing so to provoke others is a retard?

If the latter, can you describe how you differentiate the two?

Thanks.

Hey, I need coffee. There's a Starbucks and they allow open carry. Let's stop.

Vs.

Hey, lets all strap on our guns and go hang out at Starbucks and send a message (said in a jazz hands voice).

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't do much business with Starbucks, as their coffee really ain't too good, and it's overpriced.

I do OC on occasion, so thank you EK for clearing up any misconceptions about how I'm viewed when doing so.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I have Starbucks almost every day. We went TWICE (OC BOTH TIMES as we normally do!) on Friday and made sure to thank them for being friendly to our right to carry openly. Starbucks got an extra $7.65 of our money on Friday because of their stand on my right to protect myself. I'd be willing to bet that Friday was a VERY good revenue day for Starbucks nationwide. Fact is, most of the gun owners that I know are good, productive members of society with a disposable income. Most of the libtards I know are are drawing some sort of public support.

I'm glad you got your coffee and I sincerely hope that your magic rabbits feet continue to ward away the evil spirits!

I do want to say that it would be wise not to confuse a company's desire not to get involved on a political issue as them supporting one side or another. They are abiding by the laws that exist in the locales of their businesses. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ek :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom