Read before you travel!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from a week in New Mexico. Saw very few gun buster signs on restaurant doors. NM is an open carry state, so I didn't think much about keeping my CC on me.
On the way home, stopped in Raton. Ate at K-Bobs Steak House. They had a no gun sign on the door, but what the heck, concealed is concealed.
We ate, and on the way out, saw a sign on the wall behind the cash register. Said if you were caught in an establishment that had a gun buster sign you could be convicted of a 4th degree felony.
That's a little more serious than Oklahoma statutes.

Not going to stop me carrying in there, but if it were a bigger gun that might print, I'd sure think twice about eating there or anywhere else that had a no-gun sign.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Land of Enchantment is a notoriously Leftist place. If you come to Missouri, or Kansas you'll be fine. In both, if you happen not to see the sign, and you are ordered to leave and refuse, and a peace officer is summoned, you will be charged with an infraction and have to pay a fine. Do this enough and your CCW will be suspended.

Think of it as a tax for being an *******.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texas made it simple 30.06 signage ANYWHERE you are not permitted to carry.

Exactly, it must be a 30.06 sign and it has to be posted at all public entrances. If a sign is not posted with the EXACT language the law requires you can feel free to ignore it though. So going to a mall where there is a no weapons rule including firearms it has no force of law. You can be asked to leave but at this time it must be concealed and rendered completely unseeable so it shouldn't be a problem unless you have a big mouth.

As far as the OP, it is ALWAYS a good idea to read up on the state statutes when you travel. Some states give those signs the force of law and some don't. Other states will not allow you into stores that sell any alcohol even if it is for consumption off property.

When I travel I live by opencarry.org and handgunlaw.us and will even download a copy of the information from handgunlaw to carry with me for refference. It helps keep me safe and sane rather than second guessing something I can't remember after crossing state lines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom