Ready to pull.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ready to pull. Hitch, Tank and Toolbox in. And new front bumper with Winch Friday. Different truck in photo, but that is the front bumper.

IMG_5249.jpegIMG_5250.jpeg

IMG_5251.jpegIMG_8090.jpeg

Last edited:

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my 3500 QC with 336k miles on it from a guy who pulled a flatbed with skid steer for installing mobile homes. His employee jackknifed the trailer and crunched the passes her side of the truck destroying the doors. I got the truck for $5k and the reason I did it is because he has paperwork that the engine was just rebuilt 10k miles ago ($7k) and the transmission was rebuilt 20k miles ago. I’ve put about $10k into it and it’s my baby. Runs like a top. The 5.9 is the best diesel engine ever made. And I can say that because it’s not controversial and won’t get any ford or Chevy Neanderthals upset

Oooooo Oh Snap GIF

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blasphemy!!!!!

It's true, I want one but basically daily drive empty and when I do pull it could easily be done with my 1/2 ton if not my Magnum. I've been "responsible" and talked myself out of a dually several times. Had a 03 2500 5.9 4x4 for several years and even that was overkill. Only ever pulled a half ton truck with it LOL.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's true, I want one but basically daily drive empty and when I do pull it could easily be done with my 1/2 ton if not my Magnum. I've been "responsible" and talked myself out of a dually several times. Had a 03 2500 5.9 4x4 for several years and even that was overkill. Only ever pulled a half ton truck with it LOL.

I hear ya on mostly overkill if not needed!

I use them to strictly pull. We recently sold a beauty 06 Mega Cab 2wd and tried a Diesel Motorhome. We disliked it, so back to a 5th wheel. I won’t make another mistake and let this one go, the low mileage Gen 3s are getting like hens teeth and to find a 4x4 Dually in great shape I just got lucky. My other diesels I retired to farm use, two of them still work.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I bought my 3500 QC with 336k miles on it from a guy who pulled a flatbed with skid steer for installing mobile homes. His employee jackknifed the trailer and crunched the passes her side of the truck destroying the doors. I got the truck for $5k and the reason I did it is because he has paperwork that the engine was just rebuilt 10k miles ago ($7k) and the transmission was rebuilt 20k miles ago. I’ve put about $10k into it and it’s my baby. Runs like a top. The 5.9 is the best diesel engine ever made. And I can say that because it’s not controversial and won’t get any ford or Chevy Neanderthals upset

Oooooo Oh Snap GIF
If they would have just put the 5.9l in a Ford Super Duty I would have owned one. Never could figure our why Cummins wanted to be exclusive to the Ram only, they could have cornered the market with Ram and Ford using one.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they would have just put the 5.9l in a Ford Super Duty I would have owned one. Never could figure our why Cummins wanted to be exclusive to the Ram only, they could have cornered the market with Ram and Ford using one.
I was definitely being facetious. But they are now doing them in Nissans right? But the 7.3 was a tank!

Latest posts

Top Bottom