Ready to pull.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they discontinued them in the Nissan after just a couple of years, not sure sure what went wrong there. I think the 20' model was the last year iirc.

Didn’t know they stop the production of them. Got me curious. I know they were not worth putting in a offroad buggy, no low end like the 4bt.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ready to pull. Hitch, Tank and Toolbox in. And new front bumper with Winch Friday. Different truck in photo, but that is the front bumper.

View attachment 415681View attachment 415683

View attachment 415682View attachment 415714
We’ve got a few of those GR bumpers on trucks around here. They hold up well to being used hard. They aren’t quite as heavy but they are heavy enough and much cheaper than RanchHand. I usually buy them down in Checotah and install them at home myself. I put one on a 2022 a few weeks ago and it took maybe an hour to stop the factory bumper and install the GR. Make sure you fasten or the installer fastens the plastic wheel wells to the bumper somehow.
28F557C9-97F1-4AEC-A851-DF4B4A29628A.jpeg
A7B4B0A7-DCAF-4C10-BFBE-3E87E5CCB97D.jpeg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’ve got a few of those GR bumpers on trucks around here. They hold up well to being used hard. They aren’t quite as heavy but they are heavy enough and much cheaper than RanchHand. I usually buy them down in Checotah and install them at home myself. I put one on a 2022 a few weeks ago and it took maybe an hour to stop the factory bumper and install the GR. Make sure you fasten or the installer fastens the plastic wheel wells to the bumper somehow.
View attachment 416090View attachment 416091

Am looking forward to getting it on. They had to order mine beings it’s older. I have had Ranch Hands, they are in my mind way to heavy on the front ends. Although they have no issue on Deer! Have hit two in my life with a Ranch Hand and zilch on truck damage. I bet these will do the same.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome rig. I, too, have looked at the dually diesels several times. I just can't justify it in my mind.

IIRC, there was a kit on the market for putting the 5.9 Cummins in a F250, F350, F450.

Most awesome swap I seen, Mustang Sales in Houston, had a kit and installed Cat 3106 or 3208 into F250. My buddy had it done, his '89 F350 dually has 600k and still going

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome rig. I, too, have looked at the dually diesels several times. I just can't justify it in my mind.

IIRC, there was a kit on the market for putting the 5.9 Cummins in a F250, F350, F450.

Most awesome swap I seen, Mustang Sales in Houston, had a kit and installed Cat 3106 or 3208 into F250. My buddy had it done, his '89 F350 dually has 600k and still going

I hear ya! No more of a trailer we than we will pull, a 28ft most likely. The last 3/4t mega cab did it easy as well. But damn I could not be picky this time around. Low mileage old ones are getting hardddddd to find. When I happened on to this one I jumped. And every now and then a 40ft goose loaded out heavy, the 1 ton Dually will help.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear ya! No more of a trailer we than we will pull, a 28ft most likely. The last 3/4t mega cab did it easy as well. But damn I could not be picky this time around. Low mileage old ones are getting hardddddd to find. When I happened on to this one I jumped. And every now and then a 40ft goose loaded out heavy, the 1 ton Dually will help.
Ya done good. That's a helluva truck and should last ya 20 years. That would have been a hard deal to pass up. Fast as prices are going up, you're making money every day.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they discontinued them in the Nissan after just a couple of years, not sure sure what went wrong there. I think the 20' model was the last year iirc.
I don't know when Nissan dropped the Cummins, but they dropped their full-size truck line entirely this year. I'm kind of surprised they kept them this long; a few years ago their sales numbers were so low I'm sure Ford and GM lost more trucks to damage during transit from the factory to the dealerships.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they would have just put the 5.9l in a Ford Super Duty I would have owned one. Never could figure our why Cummins wanted to be exclusive to the Ram only, they could have cornered the market with Ram and Ford using one.

I think Ford and IH/Navistar entered into an agreement before Dodge and Cummins started partnering up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom