Reality TV, Amarillo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This has become my only reality-based tv. Steaks are okay there, but I do enjoy watching them on the grill and watching someone try to eat the big steak in under an hour on occasion. They have trash cans close by now again, dude hurled everywhere last week lol.

https://v.angelcam.com/iframe?v=9klzdgn2y4&autoplay=1

Screenshot_20210107-201827_Samsung Internet.jpg

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ate there one time a bunch of years ago, I didn't try the big steak but the one I had was decent, not necessarily any better than you can get a lot of places. But it did look like a fun place to go with a bunch of friends.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has become my only reality-based tv. Steaks are okay there, but I do enjoy watching them on the grill and watching someone try to eat the big steak in under an hour on occasion. They have trash cans close by now again, dude hurled everywhere last week lol.

https://v.angelcam.com/iframe?v=9klzdgn2y4&autoplay=1

View attachment 187267

I ate there one time a bunch of years ago, I didn't try the big steak but the one I had was decent, not necessarily any better than you can get a lot of places. But it did look like a fun place to go with a bunch of friends.

I'd never seen it before, but I checked it out when he first posted it, and they had a tomahawk on there that looked like it was straight out of the Flintstones. Here's a steak for you, and 4 of your closest friends.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ate there about two years ago because I was staying at a hotel within walking distance. I recall it being nothing special, very spendy, and chintzy with the sides.

I thought the steak I got from Steak Express in San Angelo was better in portion size, quality, and price--plus, I didn't even have to leave the hotel to get it. Steak delivery FTW!

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the place is awesome !!!!!

It is what it is -- A Tourist Icon -- Like Wall Drugs in South Dakota -- The London Bridge in Lake Havasu in Arizona -- Stone Mountain in Georgia.

I also believe you can get to much of of a good thing -- Haven’t even tried the 72 oz steak -- I get the food network special; 26 oz steak meal -- I can’t finish (too much food). Its been a few years but the $3 chocolate cake (they were out of carrot cake) was hugh !!!!!

I was on a work trip to Amarillo a few years ago, the Big Texan pick our group up at the airport in an older white Cadillac limo with Bull Horns mounted on the hood; Excellent dinner !!!!!

Stop to eat -- Pass on the Reality Show.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the place is awesome !!!!!

It is what it is -- A Tourist Icon -- Like Wall Drugs in South Dakota -- The London Bridge in Lake Havasu in Arizona -- Stone Mountain in Georgia.

I also believe you can get to much of of a good thing -- Haven’t even tried the 72 oz steak -- I get the food network special; 26 oz steak meal -- I can’t finish (too much food). Its been a few years but the $3 chocolate cake (they were out of carrot cake) was hugh !!!!!

I was on a work trip to Amarillo a few years ago, the Big Texan pick our group up at the airport in an older white Cadillac limo with Bull Horns mounted on the hood; Excellent dinner !!!!!

Stop to eat -- Pass on the Reality Show.
Oh heck yes. A tourist Icon. We stay at an RV park nearby when traveling through. If you want to eat there call, and a stretch limo will come to your door, pick you up and take you home after dining. No charge.
I'm lucky to finish a 14 oz steak now so no bueno on the 72 oz model. Don't think I could have done it in my prime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom