Recommend me a GOOD HOTEL in TULSA OK!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey OKShooters.

All is well with centraloklahoma and I am planning on taking the family up to Tulsa soon to visit the Aquarium, Zoo, other museums and would like to stay at a nice GOOD HOTEL. Probably just two nights. Let me know what you recommend.

Priorities:

1) SAFE. Limited access through the desk area, good parking, needs a swipe card to even access the building if not through the front lobby, on site security??? Not in some crazy robbery drug prone area.

2) CLEAN. Well maintained.

3) Maybe a good view? Close to a nice place to eat.

Thanks in advance.

centraloklahoma

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I write this I am downtown at the Courtyard Marriott. Smack in the middle of downtown in a 1922 building. Very clean and great renovation. Cool historical feel. About $139 IIRC. Another very cool option downtown is the Mayo Hotel. Same thing. Old classic hotel with a great mix of contemporary and nostalgic atmosphere. The girlfriend and I are both local and when we have an event downtown we stay at one of these. Doubletree downtown also nice. Great views from all three.

Downtown Tulsa has come a long way in recent years. A lot of great restaurants close to these hotels in the Brady and Blue Dome Districts. Would be a pretty good home base for the places you listed to go.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never stayed at the Mayo, but I have spent a little time and money there (rooftop bar-about 16 stories up). WAY neat, but I believe parking is pretty much valet only. I have stayed at the downtown Marriott, and that is a renovated office building, complete with old mail slots in the room door. But again, parking is valet.

If you want to stay out of downtown, try the Renaissance at about 71st and 169. More conventional, but one of the nicer properties in town. Lots of restaurants on 71st (busiest part of town), and they usually have a combo pack that gets you free breakfast. It's actually quite good.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a marriott something or other off of 71st and highway 169 that's close to a lot of stuff and was nice the few times I stayed there.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crowne plaza at 81st and Lewis.It has really comfortable beds and there are several places to eat within walking distance.Also 3 miles from the aquarium.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I stayed at the Ambassador Hotel in downtown before, and we really liked it. The Chalkboard Restaurant in the hotel was awesome as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom