Recommendations for carrying my KT PF9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFrankMc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a new PF9 and I have been carrying it in an uncle mike's #1 IWB holster at about 2 o'clock. The problem is that the mag extension is eating my hip. Do any of y'all have another recommendations.

And please keep this in mind. I will be carrying very often in cargo shorts and a T-shirt or even athletic shorts and a tee. Is there anything else I can try? Can a PF9 be carried well in a front pocket holster?

Thanks
Jonathan

JonFrankMc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
well I carried it today at 4-5 o'clock position and it felt better but when I sit i get way too much of a print on my shirt. What is everyone using?

Thanks
Jonathan

JonFrankMc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I could ditch it if it was absolutely necessary but without it my poor little finger is lost and has no where to go, and that makes shooting the gun a chore. With the normal floorplate I had to regrip after every shot. Perhaps I'm just paranoid about someone recognizing the print since the current way I carry it really is comfortable.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mostly carry my PF9 in a pocket holster---seems to do well; on occasion I will use an IWB and carry it left side. Haven't had any problems so far

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I could ditch it if it was absolutely necessary but without it my poor little finger is lost and has no where to go, and that makes shooting the gun a chore. With the normal floorplate I had to regrip after every shot. Perhaps I'm just paranoid about someone recognizing the print since the current way I carry it really is comfortable.

If you are having to regrip the gun after every shot you really need to inprove your grip!!!!!!!

Go take some training with one of the lacal firearm training co's.
www.oklahomashootingskills.com, TDSA or USSA.

And dont wory to much about the printing!! Get a good GUN belt and that will help.

JonFrankMc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are having to regrip the gun after every shot you really need to inprove your grip!!!!!!!

I knew someone would say something about this. I wouldn't worry too much about my grip. Its just due to my large hands and my small gun. I'm not a noob to firearms but a 2 finger grip is not optimal.

benschne

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best post that I have seen on CCW and printing. It came from the thread on G23 IWB carry.

Originally Posted by JNURSE View Post
I think you should not worry so much about printing. Move it off the 3:00 one way or the other. Cover it with a loose shirt and get on with your life. I carry a full sized G22, 4:00 to 5:00 position in a SSII, everyday with no problem. If you are noticed, it's probably by someone who knows what to look for. The sheep will not see it, if they were observant, they would recognize we live in a dangerous world and they would be carring too.

Just realize that we live in a horribly unobservant society. In other words, don't worry about it much. It could just be a BlackBerry and I doubt anyone is really going to confront you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom