Recommendations for custom rifle builder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jon Beanland and Stuteville, as well as Surgeon Rifles.

http://www.precisionrifleseries.com/sponsor/profiles/view/stuteville-precision.html

Go across the border and find GA Precision or the other direction for LA Precision Rifle

http://laprecisionrifles.com

If Shopping around full country -- KMW Long Range Solutions (Terry Cross), Spartan Rifles (Marc S), John Gradous, GAP, Short Action Customs (Mark G.). But now your splitting hairs as all listed will build a tool that outshoots your abilities.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surgeon still makes actions here in Oklahoma, just not sure if they do full builds here anymore.

Here are a few Oklahoma smiths that I have experience with.

Jon Beanland
Wade Stuteville
Tom Ross
Steve Baldwin

Smiths I know, but have not used

Matt Parry
Jim Brown / Paul Brown
Mike Luckett

There is no reason to build outside of Oklahoma when we have so many great smiths. Jon, Wade, Tom, and Steve will always have my business.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on what you're building. If it's Remington or a clone Jon Beanland is hard to beat (I don't think he builds on anything else) If its Winchester I'd go with Crescent Customs or Long Rifles Inc. If it's Tikka I believe Crescent Customs builds on those as well.

Long Rifles Inc is at Sturgis SD and Crescent Customs is down the road from GA Precision, Manners, and Badger Ord in KC Missouri.

Shiredude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
as stated, it depends on what you want.
Don't send it out of state, we have some of the best in the nation here in Oklahoma.

Stuteville Precision
Parry Custom Gun
Beanland custom rifles
Mike Luckett

there are some more, but any of these 4 extremely respected gunsmiths around the country in the world of long range shooting/hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom