Red Dawn......Russian comment on 4473's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to start a legal contribution jar at my store because if they came to confiscate my books and paperwork there would be a fire and I would no doubt go to jail for obstruction of justice.

No worries, here is what you do: "oh, man, I am so sorry, I keep all of my records in a safe on my houseboat with my guns, but unfortunately, it recently sank."

All good.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't buy that the FFL's refused them access to their records. According to Federal law FFL's are required to let the BATF inspect their records. To refuse would mean they would revoke your license and seize the records anyway.
They have gotten gun sale records from FFL's in Oklahoma, remember the Glock that they wanted in connection with the two little girls killed in Weleetka, Okla.

In the late 1990's I bought a gun from a friend who owned a gun shop, filled out a Fm 4473. I shot it and didn't like it so he took it back in trade. He later sold that gun and a year later it was used in a crime in Florida. The BATF somehow traced it back to his shop and then to me. They only talked to him and he showed them where I had returned it and he had resold it. We never figured out how they traced it back to him as the guy committing the crime was not the guy who bought it from him.
If it was a new gun when you received it, it was probably traced from the mfg.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you guys had just hung on to the guns your grandpa gave you, you wouldn't have to worry about movies with russians in them. You'ld have all the guns you need to kill stuff with, and the government wouldn't know anything about them, you wheeler-dealers, you

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
us.cdn2.123rf.com_168nwm_cthoman_cthoman1006_cthoman100600286_bb6aa2362c6a06a859410be1064aa5e1.jpg

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummmm, what happens to those records when you close down your store? Say go out of business or retire?

Michael
My understanding is the FFL keeps them 20 years and then destroy them. If you go out of business or retire current records are sent to the ATF. Maybe one of the FFL's can clarify that.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In the 90s, a sheriff from Berks county PA, used the records of all CCPs to obtain address's. Then used that info to solicit votes for re-election.

IIRC, there was a lawsuit. Now the sheriff must destroy CCP info after a set time. Also PA is a shall issue state and has 3 days to affirm or deny permit, and 30 days to issue permit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom