Red River Showdown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
How come none of the OU fans talked about a "rebuilding year" at the start of the season? Sure you lost a really good coach and seveal really good players but in the end you all were esctatic about Venebles and several of his assitance and then came the transfer portal players to OU. So much greatness came into Norman that the OU recruiting class was top 5 or so and OU was ranked #6 preseason. That is not considered a rebuilding year no matter how much you wish it was.

Just give it up man. I've lived here my entire life, they're never wrong, they'll have 80 excuses for everything. They can dish it but can't take it in return....

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just give it up man. I've lived here my entire life, they're never wrong, they'll have 80 excuses for everything. They can dish it but can't take it in return....

Nobody is making excuses, its the facts of the situation they are in. Nobody said refs or anything like that, and in fact I'll say that we should be playing better with the talent we have, so I'm not using the "rebuilding" excuse. However, no matter what way you spin it, we are in a rebuilding year.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How come none of the OU fans talked about a "rebuilding year" at the start of the season? Sure you lost a really good coach and seveal really good players but in the end you all were esctatic about Venebles and several of his assitance and then came the transfer portal players to OU. So much greatness came into Norman that the OU recruiting class was top 5 or so and OU was ranked #6 preseason. That is not considered a rebuilding year no matter how much you wish it was.
I don’t thing anyone expected it to be a total rebuild, and I am still ecstatic about the Venable and his staff (wasn’t excited about Cale Gundy’s BS). Recruiting class is solid (For now) but if he takes more beatings like that recruiting will take a dive. And to answer you question it is a suprise to most that they have come unwound from a 3 and 0 to team batting 500. And though I am pleased with the culture upgrade, it is about winning….. afterall thats why they get paid the big bucks. If they can’t win they will be replaced.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Nobody is making excuses, its the facts of the situation they are in. Nobody said refs or anything like that, and in fact I'll say that we should be playing better with the talent we have, so I'm not using the "rebuilding" excuse. However, no matter what way you spin it, we are in a rebuilding year.
Thanks for confirming my previous post, and no spin made on my part, I just stated the facts. Folks can go back and look at every OU or OSU or college football thread ever made on OSA or anywhere else and confirm what I said above for themselves if they wish. FB, Tiktok, IG was/is just absolutely ripe with Sooner fan(and player) bafoonery last night and this morning, ripe. The majority of Sooner fans simply can't just say that they're not good this year, and there's nothing wrong with an off year or more even, it's not the end of the Sooner nation.....but to the majority it is, and they act like fools for all to see.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming my previous post, and no spin made on my part, I just stated the facts. Folks can go back and look at every OU or OSU or college football thread ever made on OSA or anywhere else and confirm what I said above for themselves if they wish. FB, Tiktok, IG was/is just absolutely ripe with Sooner fan(and player) bafoonery last night and this morning, ripe. The majority of Sooner fans simply can't just say that they're not good this year, and there's nothing wrong with an off year or more even, it's not the end of the Sooner nation.....but to the majority it is, and they act like fools for all to see.

Fan bases struggle with losses and OU fans sure aren't used to it, so there's some jackassery for sure. But here's the fun part..... y'all are matching that jackassery and you're not even fans. Act like fools? Y'all are obsessed with OU. Have you seen your boys lately here? But hey, let's take your advice and revisit threads here on OSA for the last several years. How many Sooner fans start game threads or OU sports threads Vs pokes? Seemingly a poke doesn't reply unless they are talking chit to OU fans. It's pretty easy to reference lol.

Why would you follow Sooner FB/Tiktok/ IG? That's way more than I do. Thank YOU for confirming my posts about rent free, and don't act like it's casual lol. You boys can't have it both ways. You either follow all those outlets and that shows the emotional damage I've been speaking of OR you're exaggerating, to which we all know that's what y'all do and have done so lately.

In the end, again, fan bases struggle with losses and even though pokes are used to it, they do the EXACT same thing and call for Gundy's head and have even done so several times on this board. See the Big XII championship loss for reference.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Fan bases struggle with losses and OU fans sure aren't used to it, so there's some jackassery for sure. But here's the fun part..... y'all are matching that jackassery and you're not even fans. Act like fools? Y'all are obsessed with OU. Have you seen your boys lately here? But hey, let's take your advice and revisit threads here on OSA for the last several years. How many Sooner fans start game threads or OU sports threads Vs pokes? Seemingly a poke doesn't reply unless they are talking chit to OU fans. It's pretty easy to reference lol.

Why would you follow Sooner FB/Tiktok/ IG? That's way more than I do. Thank YOU for confirming my posts about rent free, and don't act like it's casual lol. You boys can't have it both ways. You either follow all those outlets and that shows the emotional damage I've been speaking of OR you're exaggerating, to which we all know that's what y'all do and have done so lately.

In the end, again, fan bases struggle with losses and even though pokes are used to it, they do the EXACT same thing and call for Gundy's head and have even done so several times on this board. See the Big XII championship loss for reference.
I don't follow those at all, not one of them, they show up in the algorithms because I follow OSU pages! It's nearly impossible to escape it lmao.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Thousand percent agree. All I hear when OU loses is all these people coming out saying that’s what OU gets and making fun of the fans. I don’t get it, I am an OU alum and fan so of course I root for OU every time, but the rest of the games I root for OSU also since they are in Oklahoma. Never once after an OSU loss have I gone online and trolled or riled up the OSU fans… I don’t get what their obsession is with OU.

Especially this year. We lost like half the coaches and 40% of last years players. Real great look for all those fans of other teams bashing OU. If that happened to another team (other than Texas) I would feel awful for those kids and fans. At the end of the day I want to watch good football games win or lose. I am excited for the move to the SEC even if OU loses 3-4 games a year. Hopefully it doesn’t happen but I want to see those matchups and hard games.

Latest posts

Top Bottom