Refletching Bolts/Arrows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do y’all refletch your own bolts or arrows or do you pay a bow shop to do it or do you just say screw it and buy new ones?

Over the last 14 years of crossbow shooting, I’ve accumulated quite a few bolts that need refletching, and the local bow shop charges “around $4 each”. For a little less than $10 each, I can buy new bolts. I had someone on another board suggest an Arizona EZ Fletcher, but by the time I buy it and the supplies, I can pay the bow shop to do it for me.

Opinions?!? :scratch:

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have refletched. just not my thing. if i was shooting bow a lot i might. if i remember right i was doing right hand helical 4" real feather hand some nice camo ones i got from one of Jim Dougherty's sons.

Last edited:

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can also get the all in setup, that is heat shrink, super easy to do. Slide on
The arrow, dip in boiling water and done all.three at one time. That is what my
Daughter uses, she has to do.her own. I use an Arizona easy fletch, can get
Arms in left, right, and straight

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, here’s the deal. Rather than bring my main hunting crossbow home from Oklahoma, I have put my old Excalibur Exomax back into service to hunt here behind my house, and when I started getting all my Exomax stuff out, I realized I have a bunch of Firebolts with boogered up fletching. I probably have enough bolts to practice and hunt with. I only use these Firebolts with the Exomax, and given the fact it’s been 10 years since I last shot or hunted with it, I’m not sure how much money (if any) I’m willing to put into this refletching project.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I was able to shoot a bow (Two shoulder surgeries) I refletched all my arrows. Not that hard and was cheap compared to the amount of arrows I would of replaced. Plus I liked playing with the angle of the fletching trying to tune my arrows for perfect flight. Kinda like trying to find the best handload for your gun.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot longer vanes because they fly better for me any way so now you got me thinking . do the heat shrink come in 4 or 5 inch i would be willing to give that a go! got me looking now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom