Religious Freedom Under Attack by State of OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woman sues state over mandatory 'mark of the beast'

Challenges requirement for biometrics to get driver's license

An Oklahoma requirement that driver’s license applicants submit to “biometric” digital photographs – which are “stored and shared” without the applicant’s knowledge – is a violation of religious rights, charges a lawsuit filed against the state’s Department of Public Safety and several individuals.

The suit names Public Safety Commissioner Michael C. Thompson.

The state has told the plaintiff, Kaye Beach, that she must submit to the biometric requirement to obtain a license in the state, and there is no exemption based on religious beliefs.
The lawsuit contends the requirement, however, violates the Oklahoma Constitution because it “substantially” burdens Beach’s free exercise of religion and does not accommodate her sincerely held religious beliefs.

The case seeks a ruling that “in order to comply with the Oklahoma Religious Freedom Act, the state must provide an accommodation to Ms. Beach … which allows her to submit a low-resolution non-biometric facial photograph in order to obtain a driver’s license.”

“Whether a biometric ID card in the form of a driver’s license or other government-issued form of identification is the mark of the Beast or merely the long arm of Big Brother, the outcome remains the same – ultimate control by the government,” said John W. Whitehead, president of The Rutherford Institute, which is handling the case.

“As Kaye Beach’s case makes clear, failing to have a biometric card can render you a non-person for all intents and purposes, with your ability to work, travel, buy, sell, access health care, and so on jeopardized,” he said.

In March, Beach applied to renew her driver’s license with the Department of Public Safety, the organization reported. Upon learning that the biometric photographs used by DPS are stored in a database that is managed and accessed by international organizations, Beach repeatedly voiced her religious objection to the practice and asked to be allowed to use a low-resolution photograph for her license. Beach subscribes to the Christian belief, detailed in the Bible’s book of Revelation, that Christians must not participate in a global numbering identification system.

Rev. 13:16-18 and 14:9-11 “explicitly commands believers to not participate in a global numbering identification system using the number of man, and eternally condemns participation in that system,” the lawsuit contends.

Officials with the state agency declined to respond to a WND request for comment.
The institute’s report said Beach met all of the other requirements for a license and was deprived of that opportunity – “including the ability to acquire prescription medications, use her debit card, rent a hotel room or obtain a post office box” – only because of the state’s refusal to provide a religious accommodation.
The case was brought in district court of Cleveland County. Rutherford Institute attorneys point out that the state’s requirement for a biometric photograph does not serve a compelling state interest and that the state has other means for furthering any such state interest.

It notes that Beach was told “the interoperability and open architecture format for the high-resolution biometric facial photograph used by motor license agents as required by DPS to take the photographs for driver’s licenses in an internationally set format determined by the United Nation’s International Civil Aviation Organization …. and that the database into which her facial biometric data is placed is managed and accessed by a self-described international organization called the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators.”

The case also alleges the rule violates her privacy and is an unreasonable warrantless search.

http://www.wnd.com/2011/09/347221/

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how bout it? Is the state of OK violating this woman's free exercise of her religion or not?

I've read and heard of the "Mark of the Beast" all my life and now it looks like it has finally arrived in and from the .gov of Oklahoma.

thegomezclan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think she is making all believers look like kooks, what about S.S cards, credit cards, birth certs, library card and any time you open a bank account. Government may be a beast but its not the "Beast"

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think she is making all believers look like kooks, what about S.S cards, credit cards, birth certs, library card and any time you open a bank account. Government may be a beast but its not the "Beast"
Playing the devils advocate here, the government doesn't require you to carry any of those items on your person like they do a drivers license.

I think her request to have a lower resolution photo is reasonable and would allow her to drive legally and still abide by her religious convictions.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No problem with a SSN or a driver's license number, but can't take a digital photograph? Clown shoes.

I'm suddenly developing a religous objection to paying my bills and I'll sue if the state tries to opress me....

R

RichardA76

When you are born you are issued a number. Your SS number. It stays with you forever, without it you cannot get any other form of ID or CC. Without it you cant retire. You can live your entire life and never get a DL, you however are issued a SS the day you are born, whether you approve of it or not.

Personally I hope and pray that none of these numbers issued to every American is the number of the beast. If they are I pray to God right now to forgive me for ever keeping mine.

thegomezclan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the thing, the government is not the "Beast " and not every person born is given a S.S number. What about children that are born at home with out the "state " knowing about it, it would be the parents choice to get a S.S number

Latest posts

Top Bottom