Reloading new guy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I researched the turret for rifle and my eyes were opened.
Lot of guys that load very accurate ammo use a turret press. Lot of them use the 4 hole Lee.

I have a Pro 1000 for 45 and i use it for 357 also. I also have the classic cast single stage No issues with either.

Get what you think you like and believe me later down the road you will probably get some other press you like.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive Chevys and use mostly rcbs equipment. Would I do something else? Sure but started with rcbs and just kinda stuck with it. Got some lee stuff also but not a ton. Still loading on the rick chucker I got from my dad's boss when I was 14 (12 years now) I have other single stage but that's what I use most.

I never took a class just used my rcbs manual and the instructions with the dies. I was 14 or 15 and knew everything. Had my mom drive me to the great outdoors in Stillwater to buy powder primers and bullets and loaded my first 10 45 long colts for my tc contender.

Sent via message in a bottle

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother started reloading awhile ago, but I am fairly new to it. Purchased a Lee single stage to load .40 S&W and agree that the carbide dies and quick change bushings have worked well for me. Also bought the Lyman's manual and borrowed several other resources from the library before I ever used the press. Started by casting lead bullets and found several helpful videos online.

Found out there is always something else I want to get. Dies for other calibers (.45 and .223), a case cutter, then a ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom