If you could do it over again…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m fine with buying everything individually, especially if it ends up better than a kit. I’d rather buy once.
Evaluate your personality tendencies and if your an “all in kinda guy” go this route

I got an rcbs kit 20ish years when I started reloading. I tell guys I mentor if their budget allows to piece meal everything together as I slowly could. The only piece out of the original kit I still use is the press.
Good press (rcbs is hard to beat)
Lee auto prime I found to be better than rcbs
Hornady powder dispenser (my Lyman’s kept fritzing)
Case prep center (I like the hornady)
Quality bench (most important)
Harbor Freight tumbler ( still a vibratory fan)
Manuals for the bullets you plan on using

I like Redding and forester dies. I’ve used about all of them over the year and those are my favorites. I primarily load rifle (44 mag is only pistol I reload) and a bunch of different calibers (15 to be exact) currently. And aside from needing to build a battle box of ammo in a hurry what I have works great. I’m fortunate to have a bedroom as a dedicated “war room” where I can leave everything setup all the time
If you’re not a tinkerer by nature or get bored and disinterested you might be fine with a simple kit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom