Reloading question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonfishin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am new to reloading and have a question about 9mm
I was wanting to order some 9mm 115gr copper plated bullets from precision delta
One of my reloading books have copper plated bullets in there but does not have to powder I want to use. The powder I want to use is trigroup. I was told by some one to use the data for a lead bullet but was not sure if he was right so is he right

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The general rule of thumb for plated bullets is to use lead bullet data.

The Hogdon Website lists the loading data for a 115 Grain RNL bullets as 3.9 - 4.3 grains of Titegroup powder.

I looked at Precision Delta's website and I couldn't find any load data.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go see Mitch at J&K. He has a shop open during the day now. I bet he could tell you what some good loads are. You might even find out about the cast bullets or plated ones he sells.

jkbullets.com

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will check my Speer loading manual in the morning.( all my stuff is setup at my office). I think it has titegroup in it for fmj. PD are the bullets I load. Just purchased 4k more to load up and I really like them.

gonfishin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty Sure there not jacketed I called precision delta they said the bullets where plated but I went to jk bullet this
Morning and picked up so .38spl swc and saw he had plated bullets I problay will buy there at jk bullet really nice guy up
There and I like have my bulltes now rather than waiting for shipping
Still would like to see the data b96brig4cc for the plated bullets

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Precision Delta has good prices, but J&K makes fine cast bullets and they work really well. Not much leading and what else is there to say?

Latest posts

Top Bottom