reloading scares

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
where are the cheap bullets people are talking about? I was looking on midway and all the bullets are like .10-.15 each...and what kind of bullets is everyone buying?

10 cents a the bullet is a fair price if you're talking 9mm. I've got 1k 9mm berrys bullets loaded up that I got for 8 cents a piece. And they are surprisingly accurate.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Midway doesn't always have the best deals on components.

I am using Montana Gold 124gr 9mm, but to get the good price you gotta get a case, which is ~3500 bullets.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
where are the cheap bullets people are talking about? I was looking on midway and all the bullets are like .10-.15 each...and what kind of bullets is everyone buying?

We have 9mm for .06 each.

As far as reloading scares, I guess I have been lucky so far. I have reloaded THOUSANDS of rounds without a single problem. It is important to have a routine when reloading. Mine is simple. The door to my reloading room is closed if anybody else is in the house. There is no TV or radio in the reloading room. I visually check EVERY case to verify powder dump. If I get distracted by thought, I quit reloading.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have 9mm for .06 each.

As far as reloading scares, I guess I have been lucky so far. I have reloaded THOUSANDS of rounds without a single problem. It is important to have a routine when reloading. Mine is simple. The door to my reloading room is closed if anybody else is in the house. There is no TV or radio in the reloading room. I visually check EVERY case to verify powder dump. If I get distracted by thought, I quit reloading.

That is a good point about the routine. If I start loading, there is no multitasking. If someone calls me, comes into the garage, etc. everything stops. And after I get finished with whatever interrupted me, I start back at square one. Check what station I'm on and go from there.

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is it running you guys to reload 40 S&W, .45 acp and .45 LC these days?

I am thinking of getting back into reloading after a 25 year break. All I loaded back then was revolver rounds and 95% of that was 38 Special. 45 ACP used to be real cheap back in the day.

I'll call up J&K for some lead and brass if I can ever find a supply of pistol primers to make it worth my while.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
another thing to be careful of is extremely light loads. Many years ago several police departments were experiencing blown up revolvers when using light practice loads in 38 special. NRA labs was able to duplicate the issue and came to the conclusion that using extremely light charges of fast burning powder could in some cases cause detonation and destruction of the weapon. The powder in use was Hercules Bullseye behind 148 grain wadcutters. You can get into trouble with small powder charges in rifle type cases as well. Stay with the published load data and watch the issues listed in the above posts and you will find reloading a rewarding hobby. I get as much enjoyment out of making the ammo as I do shooting it. Blitz

Latest posts

Top Bottom