Rem 1100 20ga

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you said you changed the O ring, make sure all of these parts are put back on the tube in this order and orientated in the right direction.

5f0e020315a9f4490c4b042403d2864b.jpg

When your saying it won’t cycle, does the bolt not move at all? Short stroke?
I’ve seen light primer strikes caused by junk building up around the chamber so the bolt can’t close completely. Doesn’t take much.
Have you lubed everything?
Just some suggestions you can do yourself before a Smith gets involved.

smcgee10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, the shotgun was NIB. It was a Christmas present last year. Tore down and deep cleaned and lubed. Out of the box was immediately short stroking. Tore down again with a thorough deep clean and lube. Yes the piston is oriented correctly. It will not even cycle 1 round. As stated earlier, I feel I need a smith to look at it and don’t feel like driving to Tulsa or mailing a brand new firearm back to the manufacturer.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, the shotgun was NIB. It was a Christmas present last year. Tore down and deep cleaned and lubed. Out of the box was immediately short stroking. Tore down again with a thorough deep clean and lube. Yes the piston is oriented correctly. It will not even cycle 1 round. As stated earlier, I feel I need a smith to look at it and don’t feel like driving to Tulsa or mailing a brand new firearm back to the manufacturer.

I hate to say it, but Remlin's QC has been really bad in recent years. Hope it's a quick fix but don't be shocked if it needs to go back to the manufacturer. :(

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it’s a different animal but I had a similar experience with my daughters CZ right out of the box. It wouldn’t shoot lighter type loads like gun clubs reliably. I ran bout 100 heavier hotter loads through it and it’ll run light loads flawlessly now.
What shells are you feeding yours?

smcgee10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it’s a different animal but I had a similar experience with my daughters CZ right out of the box. It wouldn’t shoot lighter type loads like gun clubs reliably. I ran bout 100 heavier hotter loads through it and it’ll run light loads flawlessly now.
What shells are you feeding yours?
Tried low brass and high brass loads. The chamber is a 2 3/4”. Ran a box of low brass as single shot. Gave up and got some high brass. Same thing. With about every 5th round as a fail to fire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom