*Reminder* Drew Edmondson Proposing Tougher Gun Laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gubernatorial Candidate Drew Edmondson Proposing Tougher Gun Laws
Tuesday, September 4th 2018, 6:17 PM CDT
Updated:
Tuesday, September 4th 2018, 7:11 PM CDT
By Aaron Brilbeck

http://www.news9.com/story/39024306...ate-drew-edmondson-proposing-tougher-gun-laws

YUKON, Oklahoma - Under Drew Edmondson’s plan, so called assault rifles, could only be purchased by someone over 21-years-old.

Edmondson wouldn’t answer News 9’s questions on camera, but he has said if elected governor he would propose the same regulations for purchasing the rifles as for carrying handguns. That is, not having a felony, no history of mental illness and being at last 21-years-old.

Henry Israel of Henry’s Guns in Yukon disagrees.

"I don't necessarily have a problem with that if two things happened. Number one they raised the voting age to 21 and number two they quit putting people in the military being shot at and killed overseas in the sandbox under 21,” said Israel.

Edmondson has also said he doesn’t back constitutional carry; that is letting any Oklahoman over 21 and without a felony carry a handgun without a permit.

"
Constitutional carry. It's our constitutional right to carry,” said Israel. “I think that's pretty plain. The second amendment, there's not any room in there for argument."

Although Edmondson would not go on camera, his campaign issued a statement saying:

"I am and have always been a strong supporter of the 2ndAmendment right to keep and bare (Sic) arms – a right I upheld as Attorney General and fought for as a member of the U.S. Navy. I personally carried an M-16 when I served in Vietnam, so I know what those weapons can do. I also have a Self-Defense Act permit. To get that permit, I had to complete a background check to verify that I’m at least 21 years old, and that I have no felony convictions or a history of mental illness or domestic violence. I was happy to complete that process and I think it should apply to the purchase of assault rifles, whether the owner plans to carry them openly or in a concealed manner. Keeping assault rifles out of the hands of teenagers outside of military service and anyone with a history of mental illness or violence is a common sense step we can take and still maintain respect for the 2nd Amendment.”

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just love how he states he has always been a strong supporter of the 2A. Then he has to talk about being in Vietnam and being a navy vet. So what? I didn’t realize being in the military made someone a firearms expert. Drew is a lying pile of crap. He ain’t no friend of the 2A or our state. Regardless of what he says. He will run our state further down the toilet if elected. That is a guarantee.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2A aside, he's part of that "good ole boy" network this state has been plagued with for GENERATIONS. Those same old white men connected to other white men where Rs and Ds don't matter, as long as you're filthy rich and know what's best for us peasants.

He’s been lurking around the Oklahoma political scene for a long time and I for one intend to vote for Kevin Stitt to show and tell him that - “No, Drew, it’s NOT your turn to be Governor”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree.... I'm not overly excited about much of any of them, but Edmondson definitely is not someone I want in that office.

He probably is going to take it, though.
Hmmm. Dunno. I thought so too but I saw a poll this morning that had Edmonson down 5%. I'm gonna do my part to make sure it turns out accurate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom