*Reminder* Drew Edmondson Proposing Tougher Gun Laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drewber claims to humping an M16 in VietNam, I saw a few squids in there, i never saw one with an M16. the landing craft type boats that ran up and down the river from Dong Ha to Da Nang were armed with Thompson SMG's of all things. they jammed alot. a few rusty 1911 pistols completed the in country navy armament i personally saw. the real guns were on the New Jersey, a crusier or two, several destroyers, but the big gal was impressive
My dad laughed about that. He was in one of those units and carried a M2 carbine. There were lots of those, M3A1 grease guns, Thompsons, and M76s. Not one M16 in the unit though

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So a Democrat has vowed to go after legal gun owners-what's new? And there weren't many Navy guys marching around in the bushes unless they were a Corpsman and then they went with the Marines. I've known a few and as my memory serves me somewhat, the Swift Boats were Army? I went on one and had a good time but I believe they were Army. Were they? We out into the gulf and went on a supply ship, the USS "Tootie Wheeler." It was long time ago and the ship's name is probably wrong.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So a Democrat has vowed to go after legal gun owners-what's new? And there weren't many Navy guys marching around in the bushes unless they were a Corpsman and then they went with the Marines. I've known a few and as my memory serves me somewhat, the Swift Boats were Army? I went on one and had a good time but I believe they were Army. Were they? We out into the gulf and went on a supply ship, the USS "Tootie Wheeler." It was long time ago and the ship's name is probably wrong.
The swift boats were Army. The navy had boats as well.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The swift boats were Army. The navy had boats as well.

Well, I didn't go to 'Nam, but wasn't John Kerry in the Navy and on Swift boats? That was the first I had ever heard them called that.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I struck my blow against Drew by early voting this morning. He can keep his happy a$$ at home collecting that fine retirement check.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I didn't go to 'Nam, but wasn't John Kerry in the Navy and on Swift boats? That was the first I had ever heard them called that.
That is true, I forgot about hero Kerry. (The one that will sell the country for a few dollars and throw his soul in as a bonus)

Latest posts

Top Bottom