Remington .22 550 value pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieboomer1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I tried out my new/used Mark II using the Remington .22 550 rds. from Wal-mart. Out of 100 rounds used, I had six duds, and one case slit into pieces. Has anyone had a similar experience. I ran different ammo through it the next day, and had no problems.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run em thru my Winchester 290 and have about 1 or 2 failures every fourth or fifth tube full of rounds. Thats approx 1 or 2 bad ones every 60-75 rounds. Not good. But theyre cheap and plentiful.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
do a search... this is a reoccurring failure problem with bulk .22 gold bullets from Walmart.

last brick of gold bullets had 45+ duds... current brick has no failures so far. go figure... my conclusion, right or wrong is problems is batch dependent.

called walmart ... manager promised to called back when Federal bulk comes in to trade out. never heard back from them again...

dirt cheap bullets... perfect for plinking.... a few duds is of little consequence. would not use for hunting... got a few bricks of high grade .22lr for that.

????

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My buddy just emailed me this information

He was having the same problem. He sent a partial box back as well as the duds and got a check.

Remington customer service
Sandra Strickland
Product services
501 676 4198

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's correct Remington will send you a coupon for more Remington Ammo.
I think most people use the coupon on something besides more Rem. gold bullets.
Plus I'm not sure but think it doesn't refund for the shipping cost.
So it might be a wash.

Unfortunately they can't send a coupon to replace the crappy experience you had at the range with a good one.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
unless Remington sends some super generous amount... all the handling and freight makes it not worth sending a $18 item back.

walmart should be the one handling replacement

Latest posts

Top Bottom