remington 700 follower tilt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i recently got a rem700 30-06, and the bolt wont push the bullet up on the ramp, it just slide past and doesnt touch the rear of the cartridge, the follower tilts back after you get the first one in it doesnt pick up the next unless you push it up w/ my finger. i've had the stock off 3 times and i dont thing the springs in wrong. anyone know whats up?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i recently got a rem700 30-06, and the bolt wont push the bullet up on the ramp, it just slide past and doesnt touch the rear of the cartridge, the follower tilts back after you get the first one in it doesnt pick up the next unless you push it up w/ my finger. i've had the stock off 3 times and i dont thing the springs in wrong. anyone know whats up?

Is this one with a bottom-metal drop-out type mag or a detachable mag (or an ADL style with nothing on the bottom and you have to put in and remove the rounds through the top)?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah, the ridge is n the left when your holing it, if i remember right , the follower/spring cant go in backwards , due to it having a trapezoid shape.

have you taken the stock off recently?

If so, the magazine insert piece might not be in there right - it can be torqued screwy and everything else go back together correctly.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah , ive had it off 3 times in the past few days, i took it off first to clean , then after i shot it for the first time, then again after it wouldnt cycle correctly after i put it back on the second time. it had this problem the first time i shot it, and i, have it of twice since then., i just go the gun saturday

Latest posts

Top Bottom