Renewing ccw permit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may send in your renewal 90 days in advance of your expiration date. You can get photo's at Walgreens. Mine took 110 days to be renewed. TPD sat on the records request from OSBI for over 2 months for some reason. It took a favor from a good friend looking into it to get it back to the OSBI. Once the OSBI had the local background report from TPD they took less than a week to mail my new permit.

OSBI was very responsive to my questions during that time emailing me back within 24 hours on business days each time when it got to the expiration date on my license.

Wondering why did you sent your renewal to the the TPD? don't you mail a renewal directly to the OSBI?

GLGAR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just received a letter from OSBI giving the date in April when my permit will expire. The procedure to renew per the letter is two photos, the appropriate fee and completed SDA application mailed directly to the OSBI. No finger prints or additional training required. Also the letter says " It is not necessary to take it to your sheriffs office".

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just received a letter from OSBI giving the date in April when my permit will expire. The procedure to renew per the letter is two photos, the appropriate fee and completed SDA application mailed directly to the OSBI. No finger prints or additional training required. Also the letter says " It is not necessary to take it to your sheriffs office".

^^^This. Plus, if it does take a while for your new one to arrive, your permit is still valid up to 30 days after expiration. I completely forgot about mine expiring, sent the stuff to OSBI (a few days after expiration), and it only took 4 weeks for my new one to arrive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom