Reporters to tour Fort Sill, but no questions allowed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as there has been a United States Government, there have been secrets. Dark knowledge that would make our skin crawl with disgust. Things that would make us feel shame. Things that would make us question our pride and patriotism. The only reason these facilities are the topic of discussion is because you (in a grand scale, not personally) have already been influenced by a sensationalizing media. The point being, regardless of what is truly happening inside the fences, the media is no-more an outlet to tell the truth than the government itself.

Please, Daddy Government, protect me from things I don't want to see or hear! Don't let me hear things that might make me question your all-knowing greatness! Critical thinking is hard, and I don't want to do it. PLEASE shield me from the truth, and let me live in my comfortable delusion, that I might worship you without turmoil!

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really surprised, photography and reporters tend to be restricted on military bases all the time. Even your average service member isn't supposed to talk to reporters and are instructed to refer them to base PA. Heck, stand outside of Tinker, on a public right-of-way, and start taking pictures of the base and see what happens.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of these recent immigrants are not going to qualify for relief from deportation under the law. That misrepresentation is detrimantal to U.S. interests AND those who are being misled into making a border run under false pretenses. If we can't change the perception, then perhaps we need to change the law. :(
I heard a report this morning that one of the things ICE is doing to combat this is to fast-track the latest detainees to the head of the line for deportation hearings. The theory is apparently that seeing Ol' Jose back on the streets of San Salvador in less than a month will dissuade others from believing that they'll get to stay here.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sen. Tom Coburn said Tuesday he opposes President Barack Obama's request for $3.7 billion in emergency funding to address the influx of unaccompanied minors across the southwest border.

"That's $60,000 per child we will spend, in emergency money," the Oklahoma Republican said on CNN's "Crossfire."

"That shows how incompetent [the government] is."

Coburn said providing additional resources for detention spaces and immigration attorneys to the minors is the "wrong approach."

"We can put them all on a first class seat to their homes, that's $8 million,' he added.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If obummer isn't going to send the National Guard down there that would stop illegal immigration, the rest is smoke an mirrors.

The border is wide open now. The border patrol is relegated to being baby sitters. The illegals that have been released on the streets of some of our city's have promised to be in court in a couple of months. With stays,backlogs etc, it can stretch into years.

Why spend the 4 billion dollars that obummer has asked for today? It won't do a dammed thing to stop the immigrants.

Cobern is right. Send them home immediately, steam clean the planes, and take another load back.

Repeat, repeat.

Eventually the host country's will realize its not worth the thousands of $$ these people are putting up to get here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom