Reporters to tour Fort Sill, but no questions allowed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still like my idea best. Recommission some old Navy ships, load them up and offload them at Puerto Chiapas. Rinse, repeat as necessary.

www.cruiseportinsider.com_puertochiapasmap.gif

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still like my idea best. Recommission some old Navy ships, load them up and offload them at Puerto Chiapas. Rinse, repeat as necessary.

At least we would get some old ships back in service. Make the illegals scrape/chisel the rust, and refurbish the ships that would take them back.

We get some new ships for the merchant marine, and they go home.

I missed going to SE Asia in 71 on a troop ship, getting to fly instead. From what I heard, it wasn't a pleasant trip.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please, Daddy Government, protect me from things I don't want to see or hear! Don't let me hear things that might make me question your all-knowing greatness! Critical thinking is hard, and I don't want to do it. PLEASE shield me from the truth, and let me live in my comfortable delusion, that I might worship you without turmoil!

i.imgur.com_50fi9FK.jpg

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Without such preclusion, the media would do what they do best. Sensationalize a story to propagate whatever feeling their audience is suspect of. The media is far beyond evil

Pictures of 'everything seems fine' don't get published unless that's what the public wants to see...
Interviews are conducted for a single statement that can be taken out of context...
There is no 'innocent' act of the media. It's all for hype. It's all done for sensationalism.
Sensationalism leads to another 'like' on Facebook, a clicked link to an official website, another notch in the cume of 'ratings'... It's all for the end-game of money.

The media is nothing more than an industry of gossip and rumor. I can't even see the benefit of letting them in.

You do realize that you just argued that there is no value in a free press don't you? Of course the various media outlets have bias that is not news. That's also why you allow many different outlets to see what is happening, including non-Govermental aid organizations. Your position of "they're biased, so lock 'em out" is the worst of all possible solutions. It allows for no real checks on government info about government activities - all being done in the name of the people of a democratic Republic. Couple that with the "secrecy is needed" argument (despite there being no compelling national security interest here) and you have created the perfect situation for waste, abuse, and mismanagement. I will go even further if HHS were smart they'd be inviting, seeking out, public officials and non-press citizens to see the real work going on regularly and they would invite and address critiques of their operations - that would be open government worthy of a free people.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do realize that you just argued that there is no value in a free press don't you? Of course the various media outlets have bias that is not news. That's also why you allow many different outlets to see what is happening, including non-Govermental aid organizations. Your position of "they're biased, so lock 'em out" is the worst of all possible solutions. It allows for no real checks on government info about government activities - all being done in the name of the people of a democratic Republic. Couple that with the "secrecy is needed" argument (despite there being no compelling national security interest here) and you have created the perfect situation for waste, abuse, and mismanagement. I will go even further if HHS were smart they'd be inviting, seeking out, public officials and non-press citizens to see the real work going on regularly and they would invite and address critiques of their operations - that would be open government worthy of a free people.

Except HHS knows full well that what they're doing, wouldn't receive approval from the public. They prefer to work in secret so they can do whatever they and their masters please. They do not want to be accountable to anyone. That is the problem! :(

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I dont know if youve had one in a while....but

You win ....FREE CHIKIN DINER....... ;)

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not only do I like chikin', I like chikin' fried chikin'..which sounds like chicken cannibalism but isnt.
But I don't like sneaky government officials trying to hide what should be open, above board public business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom