Republicans for Obama

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“Marriage is one of the “basic civil rights of man,” fundamental to our very existence and survival…. To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State’s citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discrimination. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State.”

By the way, this has nothing, but yet EVERYTHING to do with gay marriage.

Now, in all honesty, I dont think the government should be in the "who can marry" business at all. But everyone should be able to participate in the same benefits, regardless of who they are, what color they are, what they believe and where they stick their junk.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who said this?? :D

Consider the Lawrence case decided by the Supreme Court in June. The Court determined that Texas had no right to establish its own standards for private sexual conduct, because gay sodomy is somehow protected under the 14th amendment "right to privacy". Ridiculous as sodomy laws may be, there clearly is no right to privacy nor sodomy found anywhere in the Constitution.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on how you see it. I see Americans, I don't see black, white, Asian, gun owner, homosexual, etc. just Americans which are guaranteed fundamental liberties under the COTUS. In fact, I don't really approve of homosexuality, from a religious standpoint, but that doesn't take away the fact that they have rights.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And guys, how can something be guaranteed by the Constitution if the Constitution says nothing about it??? It may be implied by common law (or at least common sense) but that does not make it a Constitutional right.

Actually that's exactly what it does. Might wanna read what Hamilton and Madison had to say about the enumeration of rights. Or if you want to keep it to one sentence to save time, just read the text of the 9th amendment. Or the multiple supreme court cases, including the one you cited, that have affirmed this. But I'm sure that's all leftist activist garbage to you, so whatevs.

I love how people that probably aren't gay love to protest about gay rights...

Dude, that statement is dumb as hell. How far do you think the civil rights movement would have gotten if white people didn't speak up for the rights of blacks? I'm not Japanese, does that mean i shouldn't disapprove of this?

I'd argue it's the duty and obligation of the majority to speak up for the rights of the minority, otherwise nobody is going to listen. I'm not speaking up for the rights of gays. I'm speaking up for the rights of U.S. citizens.

What's far more disgusting are those who protest against the rights of others.

Yep.

Latest posts

Top Bottom