restrict mentally ill from violent media?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since all the talk is about restricting second amendment rights for the mentally ill, how about restricting unstable people from watching violent games, movies, etc?

I'm not thinking about the details of implementing it right now, what do you think of the basic concept?

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about doing this by force of law or as a suggestion to the responsible party of the mentally ill person?

I'm thinking of the New York law about mental health professionals being able to decide someone should loose the right to own a gun because of what they might do. If they can take away their guns it seems they should also say they shouldn't be watching violent media.

I know there's really no way to enforce that, but there's really no way to keep them from getting guns either.

If they're willing to take away their second amendment rights, seems they should go after other rights as well.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of the New York law about mental health professionals being able to decide someone should loose the right to own a gun because of what they might do. If they can take away their guns it seems they should also say they shouldn't be watching violent media.

I know there's really no way to enforce that, but there's really no way to keep them from getting guns either.

If they're willing to take away their second amendment rights, seems they should go after other rights as well.
Well im glad you cleared that up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom