Retirement count down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Congrats! I retired a couple of years ago. Have a recent part-time work from home gig that pays well and keeps me as busy as I want to be. Get to spend some time doing what pays the heart not the wallet which is awesome.
What are you doing if you don't mind sharing?

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are you doing if you don't mind sharing?
I chaired the board of trustees for the Oklahoma County Home Finance Authority public trust for close to 25 years. When the ED retired the trust made the position part time due to slower business with increasing interest rates reducing the need for down payment assistance and mortgage credit certificates. The remaining trustees asked me to recuse myself so they could consider going from a full time to a part time position position with a commensurate reduction in salary. With my 45 years of mortgage and 30 years of public trust experience they thought I should make the switch from trustee to employee. So I now work with our financing team, legal team, local lenders and Realtors to grow home ownership in Oklahoma County. Some days are very busy and others allow me a bit of flexibility. My long term goal is to grow the position back to a full time gig in the future and then help the trustees find the right person for the full time job at that time.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations! It seems a little weird at first, but you will get used to it and love it. I had only been out of work for two months since I was 15 years old so, it was strange at first. I retired after 40 years in the refinery at the end of 2019.

Latest posts

Top Bottom