Federal income tax collections

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
China or any other country that bleeds off our wealth will rue the day the United States goes broke.

Once they realize it isn't our land that makes us wealthy but our freedom - well, they'll spend a century or two trying to become a free nation with free enterprise like we did, and maybe by then we'll be back on track.

Woody

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least the White House sees no recession.

Yellen does not see recession in U.S. - Bloomberg interview​

By Andrea Shalal
July 17, 20238:17 AM CDTUpdated an hour ago

1689605274065.png

WASHINGTON, July 17 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said on Monday the United States was making good progress in bringing inflation down and she did not expect the U.S. economy to enter into a recession.

Yellen, speaking to Bloomberg TV from India during a meeting of Group of 20 finance officials, said slower growth in China could spill over to other economies, but the U.S. economy was on "a good path" to reducing inflation while the labor market remained strong.

"For the United States, growth has slowed, but our labor market continues to be quite strong. I don't expect a recession," Yellen said. "The most recent inflation data were quite encouraging."

Yellen said Chinese officials raised serious concerns, especially about U.S. tariffs, during her visit earlier this month, but the underlying reasons that Washington implemented them in the first place, including unfair trade practices, had not been addressed.

"We have to see what comes out of the four-year review" of tariffs, Yellen said, adding, "But I would emphasize that really the underlying concerns have not yet been addressed. And we need to work on that going forward."

Yellen said the United States was likely to proceed with a new executive order restricting outbound investment in China, but stressed that these would focus narrowly on three sectors - semiconductors, quantum computing and artificial intelligence.

"They would contain a combination of notification requirements, and in a very narrowly scoped portion of these sectors, prohibitions, but these would not be broad controls that would affect U.S. investment broadly in China," she said.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if no one else has seen, hakeem, the dnc, biden and harris are claiming how successful "bidenomics" is every day on twitter. The dnc claim for this will be "See, we lowered everyone's taxes. The big claim is they have created 13 million jobs. A;ll they did was swap out 13 million lost jobs due to covid with 13 million crap jobs in fast food and retail, and we all know how bad those economic sectors are doing. the only group of people doing really well are congressmen. 19% raise they voted for themselves. Congresspeople get pensions and great health care, how many jobs have you seen that offer that combination of benefits?

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have and will always say the pay increases for gov officials should be put to a vote of the people and nothing else no matter what branch of gov you work for. So when can i vote myself a raise and receive it in a timely manner.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe, sadly, that they know exactly what they are doing. I think the goal is to undermine the dollar to switch to a digital currency, one they can monitor, tax, and freeze at will. Commerce of any type outside of the official currency that can be taxed will be outlawed (in the name of fairness and equity). You will own nothing and be happy about it.
I pray I’m wrong….
they don't need to undermine the dollar to go to a digital currency. but the dollar is most definitely under attack. according annalists the us is now considered an emerging market and i expect because of this that much of the world investment will shift to asia. so get ready in my opinion for a dollar collapse. because we rely on foreign production for most of our goods and the trade deficits that come with this and the fact that we will have less ability to tariff or sanction, trade we will see shortages and price volatility.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least the White House sees no recession.

Yellen does not see recession in U.S. - Bloomberg interview​

By Andrea Shalal
July 17, 20238:17 AM CDTUpdated an hour ago

View attachment 393874

WASHINGTON, July 17 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said on Monday the United States was making good progress in bringing inflation down and she did not expect the U.S. economy to enter into a recession.

Yellen, speaking to Bloomberg TV from India during a meeting of Group of 20 finance officials, said slower growth in China could spill over to other economies, but the U.S. economy was on "a good path" to reducing inflation while the labor market remained strong.

"For the United States, growth has slowed, but our labor market continues to be quite strong. I don't expect a recession," Yellen said. "The most recent inflation data were quite encouraging."

Yellen said Chinese officials raised serious concerns, especially about U.S. tariffs, during her visit earlier this month, but the underlying reasons that Washington implemented them in the first place, including unfair trade practices, had not been addressed.

"We have to see what comes out of the four-year review" of tariffs, Yellen said, adding, "But I would emphasize that really the underlying concerns have not yet been addressed. And we need to work on that going forward."

Yellen said the United States was likely to proceed with a new executive order restricting outbound investment in China, but stressed that these would focus narrowly on three sectors - semiconductors, quantum computing and artificial intelligence.

"They would contain a combination of notification requirements, and in a very narrowly scoped portion of these sectors, prohibitions, but these would not be broad controls that would affect U.S. investment broadly in China," she said.
Ha! it takes a recession to kill inflation. so i guess ole jane just told us to get used to inflation........

Latest posts

Top Bottom